Check Out CURSE OF STRAHD'S Table of Contents!

JTorres

First Post
Here's a look at the table of contents from Curse of Strahd (which hits preferred stores in two days, and everywhere else 11 days later on March 15th). It shows the entire adventure, along with quite the pile of maps, handouts, and more. Barovia gets 10 pages, and the Village of Barovia a further 7; Castle Ravenloft itself gets 30 pages. Also visible are things we've seen previews or sketches of, such as Old Bonegrinder.

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 12.18.19.png

SaveSave

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 12.18.19.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 12.18.19.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16,660
Last edited by a moderator:

MechaPilot

Explorer
I love that the coffin maker's shop has its own map (pg 116).

On a side note, I'm not sure how well they can get across helpful advice for running a horror adventure in the four pages before the adventure starts.

jgsugden

Legend
I love that the coffin maker's shop has its own map (pg 116).

On a side note, I'm not sure how well they can get across helpful advice for running a horror adventure in the four pages before the adventure starts.
The basic ideas can be conveyed in 4 pages.

However, you could give a 10 day master class on DMing a horror campaign and still have a lot to say. It is incredibly hard to craft the feeling of sincere dread and fear needed without railroading the PCs. I've played in a lot of games where the PCs felt helpless and fearful - but they were railroaded constantly in the story and were passengers more than players. I've played in others (set in Ravenloft) where the PCs felt free to adventure - but there was almost no atmosphere to the games that supported the setting's gloom and doom beyond a superficial level. There have only been a very small number of attempts I've seen to run a horror game where both the atmosphere and freedom were right. Most of them added dynamics to the game where there were physical random acts that could spell doom - like Dread's use of a Jenga tower (Google it if you're not familiar).

MechaPilot

Explorer
...So basically, they already released the literally only piece of character-building content in the entire book?

Well that sucks.

Well, it is an adventure product and not a product like the SCAG. While I might have liked more, perhaps a Vistani background, I don't expect much character building material in adventure products.

ccs

41st lv DM
Sure, EE had bonus player stuff. When did that bonus stuff come out? Was it before the actual adventure? At the same time? Or after?

It was in the actual adventure.
(it wasn't quite enough to get me to buy the book)

Then it was released on Drive Thru shortly after as a PDF. Then it was offered through there as a print on Demand booklet (that I bought).

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases