Some Gothic Trinkets from CURSE OF STRAHD

Curse of Strahd contains a random d100 table of various gothic trinkets. Take a quick look at the first few items on that table! Locks which open when blood is dripped on them, the wig of someone beheaded, invisible ink that can only be read at sunset, and more. Curse of Strahd comes out on Friday in preferred stores, or 11 days later on March 15th everywhere else.

Ccj7424W8AEMeKC.jpg

SaveSave

I roll at this table and get 13 and in the first chance that I get I open the letter that my dying father wrote for me, what does it say??? Is it the map to the caverns? My mother is not my real mother? He was not my real father?? Our family suffers from an ancient curse which will bring me to an early dead as it did to him?!!!

A Vistani fortuneteller foresaw that I will ever be a player in this adventure (but if Dark Powers want it one day I may DM it) so hereby I ask the support from the Dungeon Masters of the world to give me the answer, please tell me, I MUST KNOW!!!

Duan'duliir

Devil of Chance
[MENTION=6691489]psiconauta_retro[/MENTION] It can be anything the DM wants it to be. It should be used as a plot hook for a later adventure - if the relevant character doesn't die, first.

@psiconauta_retro It can be anything the DM wants it to be. It should be used as a plot hook for a later adventure - if the relevant character doesn't die, first.

Yes, I understand, if I DM this adventure I will be able to tell to the player whatever I choose, but I will never be that player so I am asking to the DMs around here to tell me what would my letter say if I was a player at their games.

turkeygiant

First Post
Yes, I understand, if I DM this adventure I will be able to tell to the player whatever I choose, but I will never be that player so I am asking to the DMs around here to tell me what would my letter say if I was a player at their games.

The real gothic horror comes into play when a character has that letter...but their father is still alive...dum-dum-dummmmm

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
...what does it say?
It says that your father was not entirely faithful to your mother, but his guilt and fear kept him from admitting this in life. It indicates that you have a younger half-sister, and suggests that you might find her by looking in the next town over. Further, it implores you to find her before what killed him can kill her too.

Just exactly how does someone discover that their wineskin refills when interred with dead person? Is there a bunch of alcoholic morticians around?

It says that your father was not entirely faithful to your mother, but his guilt and fear kept him from admitting this in life. It indicates that you have a younger half-sister, and suggests that you might find her by looking in the next town over. Further, it implores you to find her before what killed him can kill her too.

Thank you!!! I want to award you XP (but I cant):cool:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases