CURSE OF STRAHD'S Foreword By Tracy Hickman

The foreword in Curse of Strahd was written by original Ravenloft designer Tracy Hickman. And here it is! Tracy and Laura Hickman wrote I6: Ravenloft 35 years ago, and played a consultant role in this latest revival of the classic adventure, which was written by WotC's Chris Perkins.

foreword.jpg

MechaPilot

Explorer
I like that they are returning to the idea that monsters are monstrous, even if they also happen to be tragic (and possibly even sexy).

shager

First Post
His focus on the monster being a monster and not misunderstood, and how that relates to real life abuse, is weighty subject matter indeed. I can imagine a more business-like editor nixing the inclusion of such subject matter into a game book, so kudos to the D&D team for allowing that viewpoint to be discussed by the creator of the material. His thoughts definitely have merit.

I read Dragonlance for years before I realized that Tracy Hickman and his wife were the true parents of my beloved Ravenloft setting. Talk about two influential people in the golden days of D&D.

Davies

Legend
Which is ironic, given the background of the primary offender when it comes to that particular revitalized myth.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Apparently written in May of last year. That's a pretty long development period.

Edit: or at least, it gives us an idea of the development time frame for the adventures.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases