[EN5ider #72] Orc Life

New for EN5ider patrons! Not all orcs are barbarians and bandits. Meet Gurk, an orc painter in the big city; Rathbone, a banished orc war-priestess; Vortch, an orc "chef"; and Balla, an orc dancer and servant. This article provides full 5E stat-blocks, descriptions, backgrounds, and roleplaying notes for each, along with their traits, bonds, and flaws. By Kiel Chenier; illustrated by Phil Stone. Become a patron now and get access to this and 70+ other high quality, illustrated articles and adventures for your 5E game for as little as a dollar. At an average of 5 pages each, that's approaching 400 pages of content for less than a cup of coffee!

New for EN5ider patrons! Not all orcs are barbarians and bandits. Meet Gurk, an orc painter in the big city; Rathbone, a banished orc war-priestess; Vortch, an orc "chef"; and Balla, an orc dancer and servant. This article provides full 5E stat-blocks, descriptions, backgrounds, and roleplaying notes for each, along with their traits, bonds, and flaws. By Kiel Chenier; illustrated by Phil Stone. Become a patron now and get access to this and 70+ other high quality, illustrated articles and adventures for your 5E game for as little as a dollar. At an average of 5 pages each, that's approaching 400 pages of content for less than a cup of coffee!

orclife.jpg

Dover Cook

First Post
I would like a copy of this. I am interested in the alternative portrayals of Orcs. I won't be able to access it for some months. I don't have a credit card at the moment, so I can't support the Patreon. I would like to, when I do get a credit card.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I would like a copy of this. I am interested in the alternative portrayals of Orcs. I won't be able to access it for some months. I don't have a credit card at the moment, so I can't support the Patreon. I would like to, when I do get a credit card.

It's not directly relevant to the article, but if you are seeking alternate portrayals of orcs, you might want to check out materials from the Eberron campaign setting (at least the 3rd Edition stuff; I can't speak for what 4e did to the setting). But Eberron had a treatment of orcs (and goblins and hobgoblins) that was pretty far outside the norm of fantasy settings.

Dover Cook

First Post
I hope you do! We think our Patreon is a fantastic deal! :)

Thank you. I do plan on supporting at least several creators once I do get a credit card. Since I'm a Pathfinder GM I am more interested in Trailseeker than EN5ider, but I am interested in both. :0

Dover Cook

First Post
It's not directly relevant to the article, but if you are seeking alternate portrayals of orcs, you might want to check out materials from the Eberron campaign setting (at least the 3rd Edition stuff; I can't speak for what 4e did to the setting). But Eberron had a treatment of orcs (and goblins and hobgoblins) that was pretty far outside the norm of fantasy settings.

Thank you for the suggestion. I do like the setting material produced for Third Edition. I have the Fourth Edition Eberron book, but I'm drawing a blank on what was in it.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
It looks like a bunch of the En5ider articles are for sale on DrivethruRPG.com, too. None of the more recent ones, but there has been a lot of good stuff since it started.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It looks like a bunch of the En5ider articles are for sale on DrivethruRPG.com, too. None of the more recent ones, but there has been a lot of good stuff since it started.

Only a handful of earlier ones. There are no plans to add to that.

arunwe2012

First Post
I just say that I couldn't be happier with my support to Ensider. Best thing that has happened to 5e. Plenty of useful articles and adventures. Worth every penny expended. Looking forward to taking a look to ths one., since orcs are going to be an essential part of my current campaign.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads