[UPDATED] One Last Exclusive Look At MISTS OF AKUMA: Samurai & Haitoku

The D&D 5E Eastern-themed game setting Mists of Akuma is apparently due to launch its Kickstarter later today. Let's take one last look at it before it does! Designer Mike Myler sent along the following preview of "Haitoku" (a kind of corruption or falling from grace) and the Samurai. Described as "Eastern Fantasy Noir Steampunk", I've shared a couple of other previews over recent weeks, including Imperial Dragons and a range of feats. I'll update when the Kickstarter launches!

UPDATE: This Kickstarter has now launched!

Mists of Akuma Primer Screenshot (Haitoku).JPG

Mists of Akuma Primer Screenshot (Samurai).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
I didn't even think of that. Great idea. Some would say, their code is even stricter than a paladin's.

Thank you! It's really important to me that all of the character options in the book (all 100+ something classes, backgrounds, races, feats, etc.) all feel unique and carry the themes of the setting. There's already great 5E Eastern Fantasy material out there, but you'll know Mists of Akuma content when you see it. :D

And aye, I think strike for strike that a samurai will rock most paladins so they have a tougher road to walk—especially when the world itself is predicated to make them fall!

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
I like the art direction.

I've been told "you just don't have a good eye for art" before so I am enormously happy to hear that. :D

It's important to note that our goal is to have all original artwork in Mists of Akuma, but to get a competitive funding level we had to cut the initial new illustration count down to 50 (including 20 half page scenes). All of our artists know that they'll be working to follow the style of a lead artist—a consistent style of art is very important—but we'll see how far funding goes and whether or not we can afford the 100 totally fresh visual pieces for the final product.

I'll tell you what though—there's a stretch goal not long after the final artists (Ellis Goodson and Royce Fooray) that's definitely a WoIN! ;)

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases