Latest D&D Survey Says "More Feats, Please!"; Plus New Survey About DMs Guild, Monster Hunter, Inqui

WotC's Mike Mearls has reported on the latest D&D survey results. "In our last survey, we asked you which areas of D&D you thought needed expansion, and solicited feedback for the latest revision of the mystic character class and new rules for psionics." Additionally, there's a new survey up asking about DMs Guld as well as the last Unearthed Arcana (which featured the Monster Hunter, Inquisitive, and Revenant).

Find the survey results here. The most requested extra content is more feats, followed by classes, spells and races, in that order.

Valetudo

Explorer
While I do think we need a few more feats, I dont want them to over do it like they did in 4th. And please for Tyrs sake playtest that :):):):).

Patrick McGill

First Post
I seem to remember during the playtest, a lot of people liked the fact that classes would be limited to the ten or so we get. At least that is the impression I got. Perhaps it's just my own bias, though.

Ahglock

First Post
I'd like some more feats. I think they are great ways to help flesh out a character and they could use more of that. While I appreciate their we want to make sure they don't break things idea so they will bring them in slowly, its been 2 years they should have had a couple ready by now IMO. I'd probably try to keep the majority of them mostly focused on non-spell casters. Full casting classes already have enough ways to flesh out their character though spell selection. I wouldn't be opposed to a couple spell based ones though. Some more combat options no feats needed wouldn't be bad either.

As for new spells also mentioned, I'm always leery of adding new spells to divine classes as they know them all so those need to be added with more care IMO than the arcane side.

While I do think we need a few more feats, I dont want them to over do it like they did in 4th. And please for Tyrs sake playtest that :):):):).

Well you should be happy

In terms of overall content, feats were far and away the most requested new element. Over 70 percent of you want more feats for your game. Feats also had the least opposition to their expansion. Because we haven’t released any products focused on new feats since the launch of the game, we know there’s definitely some pent-up demand for them. But feats are perhaps the thorniest element to design for D&D, as they tend to span multiple abilities and can trigger weird interactions that the game’s core design can’t always account for. As a result, we’ll be taking things slowly as we explore options and starting points for new feat development.

nswanson27

First Post
Well you should be happy

In terms of overall content, feats were far and away the most requested new element. Over 70 percent of you want more feats for your game. Feats also had the least opposition to their expansion. Because we haven’t released any products focused on new feats since the launch of the game, we know there’s definitely some pent-up demand for them. But feats are perhaps the thorniest element to design for D&D, as they tend to span multiple abilities and can trigger weird interactions that the game’s core design can’t always account for. As a result, we’ll be taking things slowly as we explore options and starting points for new feat development.

I'm glad they're doing this. Also glad they're taking the time to do it right.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
I'm okay with more feats...

But please take that slow. Slower than you're taking anything. I remember 4th edition. Feats were the worst part of it while also providing for some of the most interesting interactions. A double edged sword for sure.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases