Check Out This Exclusive Preview of PATHFINDER WORLDSCAPE

These pages, kindly sent along by Worldscape writer (and Paizo publisher) Erik Mona come straight from this month's upcoming Pathfinder Worldscape comic book - the genre mashing series which will have Pathfinder characters meeting pulp heroes such as Red Sonja, Tarzan, John Carter and more (complete with game stats!) Erik tells me that this page show "Valeros’s encounter with a White Ape of Barsoom as well as the first comics appearance of the lamia matriarch Xanesha, the Rise of the Runelords NPC responsible for more Pathfinder PC deaths than probably anyone else." You will be able to get the first issue on Wednesday, 19th October.

As for Erik, if you're in New York or Los Angeles, he'll be signing comic books in both cities. Not simultaneously. He'll be at New York Comic Con this coming Friday and Saturday (find the Dynamite Entertainment booth from 4pm-5pm each day); and he'll be at Meltdown Comics in LA on launch day, Wednesday October 19th, and 7pm.

Erik also has a new website of his own, appropriately named erikmona.com where he talks more about Worldscape.

Anyway, here's the preview (art is by Jonathan Lau).

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image003.jpg
image004.jpg

As mentioned, each comic book contains game stats. A while back I posted the start of Erik's work on Red Sonja's Pathfinder stats, but sadly that coverage was lost in the recent crash. However, I managed to dig it out of my PC. Here's a repost!

red_sonja.jpg

SaveSave

Henry

Autoexreginated
I admit I've been tempted by this. I'm a sucker for pulp hero mashups, the "Wold Newton" stuff, LXG and so forth, and apparently Erik is, too. :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases