Yet More From VOLO - Goblins, Nilbogs, Kobolds, Hobgoblins, & Barghests!

The Volo's Guide to Monsters previews are coming quick and fast now! Adding to the flinds, gnolls & yuan-ti, froghemoth, giants and orcs, mindflayers and beholders, fire giant dreadnoughts, giant lore, and the book's preface comes yet another bunch of pages courtesy of Gizmodo. This time, it's goblins, barghests, hobgoblins, nilbogs, and kobolds. WotC must have shown off about a quarter of the book by now! It comes out this coming Friday (Nov 4th) in WPN stores, and 11 days later (Nov 11th) everywhere else.

The Volo's Guide to Monsters previews are coming quick and fast now! Adding to the flinds, gnolls & yuan-ti, froghemoth, giants and orcs, mindflayers and beholders, fire giant dreadnoughts, giant lore, and the book's preface comes yet another bunch of pages courtesy of Gizmodo. This time, it's goblins, barghests, hobgoblins, nilbogs, and kobolds. WotC must have shown off about a quarter of the book by now! It comes out this coming Friday (Nov 4th) in WPN stores, and 11 days later (Nov 11th) everywhere else.

evlqjrguujjw5iq6p2ex.png

efkrw90v7aucimrlgrad.png

pjy26lnmnrxblu23wols.png

aywcfloykwrhn6g7hrjw.png

qx36fe0m3hgm9i6mtuiy.png

wnovkgftotben4tbpxdv.png

SaveSave

That is a most interesting origin for the barghest. I like that a lot.

The Nilbog write up makes me think that chaos mage is supposed to be a good fit for goblins (maybe +2 dex, +1 charisma). It would be nice for monstrous races to have some aptitude to be casters.....

happyhermit

Adventurer
This preview sells me on the book more than the rest. I am loving everything, even the old stuff I have used before is presented in a way that has me genuinely excited in a way that no MM in the past decades has.

Remove ads

Remove ads