More Volo's previews in Dragon+ Show Hags & Slithering Trackers!

Good selections for Halloween. Not the sort of monsters I would use often, but interesting enough. The annis hag's death hug will be fun to narrate in combat.

Yup, even more Volo previews! The newest issue of Dragon+ is out, and it has a preview of Volo's Guide to Monsters, with three new pages we haven't seen before on top of the already previewed goblins, nilbogs, kobolds, hobgoblins, & barghests, flinds, gnolls & yuan-ti, froghemoth, giants and orcs, mindflayers and beholders, fire giant dreadnoughts, giant lore, and the book's preface. This one shows off hags and slithering trackers!

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.54.49.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.55.23.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.54.10.png

SaveSave
SaveSave

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.54.10.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.54.10.png
    894.8 KB · Views: 11,571
  • wnovkgftotben4tbpxdv.png
    wnovkgftotben4tbpxdv.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,638
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.54.49.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.54.49.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 47,699
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.55.23.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 20.55.23.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19,622
Last edited by a moderator:

Good selections for Halloween. Not the sort of monsters I would use often, but interesting enough. The annis hag's death hug will be fun to narrate in combat.

Honestly, the more I read up on them, the more I realize that I've really never used hags as a DM. 5e is really bringing them to life in a way that makes me now think of all sorts of fun and creative ways I could bring them into a campaign, and from what we've seen so far, I'm sure Volo's will only add to that...

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick McGill

First Post
Role playing the hags in Strahd was a very fun experience for me as a DM. So creepy and fun. The MM itself does a good job of infusing them with flavor, and this seems like more of that goodness.

SilentWolf

First Post
@Demetrios1453 has made mistakes on posting the Dragon+previews. He posted 2 times the kobold previews, instead of the Hannis Hag and the Slithering Tracker ones:

http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/D10_Volo_Hag159.pdf

http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/D10_Volo_Tracker191.pdf

The newest issue of Dragon+ is out, and it has a preview of Volo's Guide to Monsters, with three new pages we haven't seen before:

Page 55, from Chapter 1, gives us a preview of hag traits/ideals/bonds/flaws, as well as chart for hag names, among other hag lore.

Page 159, from Chapter 3, details the annis hag.

Page 191, from Chapter 3, details the slithering tracker.

Warpiglet

Adventurer
Having personality choices at the ready is a brilliant stroke. Even the best DM can struggle to make a monster a unique part of the world. This will enhance roleplaying for everyone and adds mystery---what is this particular creature going to do? Besides just "evil." I would buy a companion to the MM full of such personality generating aids!

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases