"That Werewolf Game" Goes Total Immersion VR

Justin Achilli - well-known writer, designer, and developer from the heyday of White Wolf - is back in a big way with this very exciting new project. Folks have been playing the party/RP game about finding werewolves in the village for many, many years; almost every single convention I've been to has either an official gathering for it, or impromptu hallway games erupt in the middle of the night. Now, the game of lying to your friends about your other friends in order to not get eaten or murdered on the spot comes to virtual reality.

WEREWOLVES WITHIN

After several attacks on townsfolk, the medieval village of Gallowston has had enough. With a special guidebook in hand, players congregate to vote and eliminate any and all possible werewolves hiding disguised in the village. Players utilize specific roles and abilities, and the power of persuasion to assess, deduce, and win the round.

Werewolves Within is a fast-paced game of hidden roles and social deduction for five to eight players. In one game, a player might be a villager trying their hardest to cleanse the town of werewolves, while minutes later they could be the werewolf, lying and betraying friends in order to survive the vote. Werewolves Within keeps the players on their toes, constantly questioning each other and testing their personal judgment. Wheter playing a vigilant villager or a devious werewolf, no two games are ever the same.

Many of you have played the Loony Labs version, while others have played the similarly-structured Criminals. All of these iterations are based on a classic party game called Mafia. Now you'll have a chance to play in VR space with friends all over the world, with some great gameplay additions and the enhancement of a fun, graphically entertaining experience.

Note that I use affiliate links in all my posts as a way to generate additional revenue for my efforts; I make my Picks and other article choices, however, based on the desire to share a wide variety of things with you. Thank you for your support.

Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!

JesterOC

Explorer
Isn't a large part of the game trying to discern the other player's facial expressions and body language? I guess voice alone will have to do.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases