Most Anticipated RPG of 2017: The Official Poll!
  • New Releases In Stores This Week : 24th July 2017

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs and Wargames... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store. ROLE PLAYING GAMES Wilderland Adventures Adventures in Middle Earth...

Read More

Paizo News Roundup For July

Hey y’all, it’s time for another edition of the PAIZO NEWS ROUNDUP! As before, my name is Ben, and I’m going to use this space to fill you in on some of the ins and outs what’s happening in the Paizo world. The good folks at Paizo have been releasing updates for their upcoming Starfinder product launch left, right, and center....

Read More
  • Poll: Which RPGs are you anticipating in 2017?

Most Anticipated RPG of 2017: The Official Poll!

47 nominees have been nominated, the list has been compiled, and now it's time to commence the voting! This poll will run for one week (until Thursday 12th January). Which of the listed products is your most anticipated game of 2017? You may vote for multiple products if you are anticipating more than one.

Check out last year's winning 10 most anticipated games here. This is the 4th annual poll measuring the most anticipated full standalone tabletop roleplaying games of the year (not supplemental items like adventures, accessories, settings, and sourcebooks).

This article was originally published in forum thread: Most Anticipated RPG of 2017: The Official Poll! started by Morrus View original post
    Comments 74 Comments
      bmfrosty -
      Other. Tales from the yawning portal.
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by bmfrosty View Post
      Other. Tales from the yawning portal.
      That is about full, standalone roleplaying games.
      bmfrosty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      That is about full, standalone roleplaying games.

Ah. I see.
      Jester David -
      I imagine since it's a setting not a full RPG the Critical Role book is also disqualified...
    1. red freak -
      I missed the nomination part, darn it. my vote is for Other... that other being Villians and Vigilantes3.0/Mighty Protectors RPG, Kickstarters complete and its being completed from what Jeff Dee has posted recently on their Facebook page.
      Blue -
      Dresden Files Accelerated by Evil Hat. I had nominated it this afternoon, must have missed the cutoff.
      ProtoClone -
      Dang, L5R didn't make it. I am really interested in seeing how this goes under FFG.
      chibi graz'zt -
      Alas, none of these
    1. barasawa -
      Ooh... didn't see V&V3 when I voted. Though I'm not currently seeing any results either, of course they are hidden, so no surprise there. I'm guessing that at some point we'll be told the results, I hope.
      aramis erak -
      Quote Originally Posted by ProtoClone View Post
      Dang, L5R didn't make it. I am really interested in seeing how this goes under FFG.
      They've said there will be a new one, not that it will be in 2017... If I knew it were going to be 2017, rather than 2018...
      thorgrit -
      I too missed the nomination, and it's nobody's fault but mine!

That said, Red Markets may not qualify, as the Kickstarter says December 2017 and I always add 2-3 months minimum to expectation of any KS project. Original game of "economic horror - the world has ended and the rent's still due" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...30/red-markets

And Hydro Hackers is still being worked on and iterated, not even ready to go up on Kickstarter yet, so it might not be a 2017 game either. Powered by the Apocalypse "hydropunk Robin Hoods who steal water from the rich corporations to provide it to their neighborhood" http://www.encodeddesigns.com/h2o/

A project I backed that was due in 2016 but hasn't shown up yet is Anthro Adventures, basically a Pathfinder-compatible setting for furries (well, for "new and younger players", but I got it because I'm a furry). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tible-fantasy/ - I've grown away from Pathfinder lately though and my gaming group isn't all that interested in furries anyway.
    1. CapnZapp -
      Quote Originally Posted by chibi graz'zt View Post
      Alas, none of these
      Unfortunately, that is not an option in this poll.
      Wepwawet -
      What? There's a My Little Pony RPG??? AWESOME! <3 <3 <3

There's my choice right there, I can start my niece on RPGs!
      gantry -
      Pity Chronicles of Aerthe hasn't appeared here considering they had a successful kickstarter and the quickstart was downloaded almost 500 times.
      ArchfiendBobbie -
      I'm trying to figure out how Dungeon Fantasy got on there. Nearly the entire thing has been released already.

I might be misinformed.

@Morrus Are you happy to see your products on there?
      Morrus -
      Here are the charts for 2013, 2015, and 2016. We didn't do it in 2014.

Name: Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 12.59.50.png ► Views: 3120 ► Size: 363.5 KB
      Big Mac -
      Other: I'm looking forward to D&D Classics converting the old school Dungeons & Dragons products that are too pricey for me on the second hand market to Print on Demand format, so that I can buy one of everything on Echohawk's Spelljammer Collectors List.

I am also looking forward to Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Planescape and Spelljammer going onto DMs Guild, so that 5th Edition D&D can provide me with content that might tempt me to bother learning a new RPG.
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
      Other: I'm looking forward to D&D Classics converting the old school Dungeons & Dragons products that are too pricey for me on the second hand market to Print on Demand format, so that I can buy one of everything on Echohawk's Spelljammer Collectors List.

I am also looking forward to Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Planescape and Spelljammer going onto DMs Guild, so that 5th Edition D&D can provide me with content that might tempt me to bother learning a new RPG.
      Those are not RPGs, they're adventures and settings.
      Big Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      Those are not RPGs, they're adventures and settings.
      Fair enough. Lets say I'm interested in seeing 2nd Edition and 3rd Edition D&D get a revival from Print on Demand then.

That's what I'm anticipating anyway. If that doesn't count, then put me down for "None of the above". :-)
    1. Kiraya_TiDrekan -
      Blue Rose and Wraith 20 were both kickstarters I dearly wish I had had the money to back at the time. Kult I did back and am eagerly awaiting. I also voted for Starfinder because I'm a sucker for space fantasy.
    Comments Leave Comment