Which official 5E adventures have you played through?

I have completed Lost Mines of Phandelvar and Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but neither are options in the poll. Currently playing through Out of the Abyss so I can't really say I've played through it yet.

I have completed Lost Mines of Phandelvar and Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but neither are options in the poll. Currently playing through Out of the Abyss so I can't really say I've played through it yet.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There have been five official D&D 5th Edition adventure storylines (if you count Lost Mine of Phandelver from the Starter Set). But which ones have you actually played through, as a DM or as a player? I assume that the older ones will have been played more than newer ones because, hey, time and stuff, but this poll will find out for sure. What tickled your fancy enough to play through - dragons, demon lords, elementals, vampires, or giants?

Cj5-pf4UkAMFUv5.jpg-large.jpg

Attachments

• Cj5-pf4UkAMFUv5.jpg-large.jpg
    Cj5-pf4UkAMFUv5.jpg-large.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 13,552

Corpsetaker

First Post
Started all of them but never finished. Player's grew bored half-way through most of them so we decided to homebrew until we come across one we like.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Tyranny of Dragons is the only one we finished. CoS and SkT we've started, but didn't get too far, so I did not select them. And we might not ever. We tend to do homebrew adventures or convert older ones. For example, when I was running SKT, I inserted Horror On The Hill right after the village was attacked, and before they met the cloud giant. I did that because I wanted some meat to the adventure to get them up to level 5, and not speed level them like it's written in the campaign.

Zardnaar

Legend
Mostly been converting Dungeon adventure from AD&D the odd homebrew and Quests of Doom.

Played the odd EN5ider one as well. The shorter adventures are easier to use.

Some chapters from the wotc stuff have become smaller adventures.

Zhern

Explorer
G) None of the above.

None of them interested my players and after reading through them, none of them really interested me other than Strahd. I have taken pieces parts from them for use in my games, but most of my material is either homebrew or a mix of older Basic/AD&D or from 3PP like Frog God Games (high five to Zardnaar for mentioning Quest of Doom). Mostly, though, my group hates Forgotten Realms and what it has become.

I can hear the groans now about being some old curmudgeon grognard. Well, I might be, but all of my players are either from the 3.xe era or 5e era. They have read the material and drawn their own conclusions.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Played in Lost Mine, never finished it, played in the AL bits of CoS a bit, never ran any of them. WotC APs have implicit world assumptions I strongly dislike (even beyond the FR setting).

Remove ads

Remove ads