[UPDATED - With Cubicle 7] Games Workshop Concluding Deal For Licensing Rights To Warhammer Fantasy

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
It was just confirmed to Grim & Perilous Studios last night by Games Workshop’s licensing department that they are in the process of concluding a deal with a major European publisher for world-wide distribution rights to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. While no other details were shared, we can only speculate which major European RPG publishers may have acquired the rights. [Update - it appears that the publisher in question is Cubicle 7, publisher of The One Ring, Doctor Who, and more!]

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 15.26.31.png

From Grim & Perilous:

"Following breaking news from Bell of Lost Souls, Games Workshop was seen shopping a number of their licenses during the Licensing Expo 2016 in Las Vegas. While there has been uncertainty whether the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay license was up for grabs (as it was not listed on their licenses), it seems that a deal has been struck outside the expo to acquire it.

It was just confirmed to us last night by GW’s licensing department that they are in the process of concluding a deal with a major European publisher for world-wide distribution rights to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. While no other details were shared, we can only speculate which major European RPG publishers may have acquired the rights."
SaveSave
SaveSave

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 15.26.31.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 15.26.31.png
    984.5 KB · Views: 23,622
Last edited by a moderator:

Barantor

Explorer
If Modiphius gets it then that's another big IP for them.

I still enjoy the 1st edition WFRP myself. It does make one wonder if they will change the dice formulas and what type of game it will be.

Curmudjinn

Explorer
Modiphius has way too much on their plate already and isn't fulfilling their kickstarters.
I really hope it's Cubicle 7.

C7 is one my most-respected publisher/designers out there for RPGS. They never skimp in quality in any facet of a game. Top marks.

After seeing the attention to detail and mood of The Lord of the Rings D&D book, I’d have complete trust in Cubicle 7 to match the mood and rules together for WHFRP. Personally, I’d prefer something more in line with 1e/2e and not 3e. In any case, seeing a return of the Warhammer Fantasy RPG would be great.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases