Plane Shift: Kaladesh - More MAGIC THE GATHERING For Your D&D Game!

WotC has just posted another "Plane Shift" document, detailing a world from Magic: the Gathering as a D&D setting. The 33-page PDF contains new races, monsters and more. "If the optimism, innovation, and spirit of creativity pervading the world of Kaladesh kindled your drive for adventure, we have what you're looking for. If The Art of Magic: The Gathering—Kaladesh made you long to experience the aether-swept landscapes and brilliant inventions of Magic's latest plane for yourself, these pages have what you need. Like a renegade inventor tinkering in a secluded workshop, author James Wyatt has crafted a set of rules to bring your Dungeons & Dragonsadventures to life on Kaladesh, including new races, new monsters, and a distinctly aether-flavored take on crafting the marvelous and ingenious magic items that define this plane."

WotC has just posted another "Plane Shift" document, detailing a world from Magic: the Gathering as a D&D setting. The 33-page PDF contains new races, monsters and more. "If the optimism, innovation, and spirit of creativity pervading the world of Kaladesh kindled your drive for adventure, we have what you're looking for. If The Art of Magic: The Gathering—Kaladesh made you long to experience the aether-swept landscapes and brilliant inventions of Magic's latest plane for yourself, these pages have what you need. Like a renegade inventor tinkering in a secluded workshop, author James Wyatt has crafted a set of rules to bring your Dungeons & Dragonsadventures to life on Kaladesh, including new races, new monsters, and a distinctly aether-flavored take on crafting the marvelous and ingenious magic items that define this plane."

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 16.03.28.png
SaveSave

RSIxidor

Adventurer
Surprisingly, there's actually a tiny bit of crunch in this one beyond the races.

There's a Pyromancer Sorcerous Origin. It's nothing crazy but looks quite solidly put together. There's also a couple of feats.

Hathorym

Explorer
The Pyromancer sorcerer origin is clean and succinct. Could easily be adapted to another damage type and given a pithy name. I approve.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The Pyromancer sorcerer origin is clean and succinct. Could easily be adapted to another damage type and given a pithy name. I approve.

It is also a bit on the boring side, with virtually no ribbons. It does, however, provide more burn for your buck than the Phoenix Sorcerer.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I was wondering what the campaign ideas would be this setting as it's pretty low conflict. Wyatt suggests an urban campaign which could work. Something that might also be fun: A Sinbad the sailor-esque thing where a group heads off in an airship to map the world and hijinks ensue.

Continue to be disappointed in the lack of mapping for these settings.

Neat stuff...I've got some ideas swirling for a homebrew setting drawing from both Zendikar and Kaladesh.

I also like the race-class restrictions. Saying that only elves can be rangers, for example, creates a strong identity for the class.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was wondering what the campaign ideas would be this setting as it's pretty low conflict. Wyatt suggests an urban campaign which could work. Something that might also be fun: A Sinbad the sailor-esque thing where a group heads off in an airship to map the world and hijinks ensue.

Continue to be disappointed in the lack of mapping for these settings.
Well, this is a supplement to the book they want folks to buy: the plot hooks, maps, etc. would be in there (don't have the book, unsure about the exact details)

Sent from my BLU LIFE XL using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

Remove ads