RPG Crowdfunding News 040: Shadow of the Demon Lord Freeport Companion, Satanic Panic, Elder Dice, F

Welcome back to our weekly look at tabletop roleplaying game, and accessories, crowdfunding roundup! Each week we’ll be looking at a few campaigns currently running that have caught our eye as well as occasionally speaking to some of the creators about their campaigns, or looking at some of the ‘behind the scenes’ business aspects of putting together, launching, operating and then delivering a crowdfunded project. If you have anything you’d like us to cover, or questions about anything we talk about, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment or contact me directly.

[h=3]Shadow of the Demon Lord Freeport Companion by Robert J Schwalb[/h]
(Campaign Ends : Saturday 18th March 2017; 22:00 UTC)

Freeport, a pirate city on the edge of the known world, is one of the more memorable cities to have appeared in fantasy tabletop roleplaying since its first outing in Green Ronin’s Death in Freeport adventure. Robert Schwalb worked on Freeport when he was with Green Ronin and now he returns to the city – bringing it to the world of Shadow of the Demon Lord.

The Shadow of the Demon Lord Freeport Companion will be loaded with goodies for any fan of the Demon Lord. Inside its pages, you’ll find two new ancestries – the undine and the mysterious serpent people known as the Valossans. The book offers ten new expert and master paths, such as the drunken celebrant and the vicious pit fighter. Over thirty new spells join the game, all speaking to the darkness of the city and the sorts of adventures one might undertake in and around it. New gear and new rules for underwater exploration, voyages, and ship battles all help you run seafaring adventures in Shadow. This book gives you a ton of characters, relics, new monsters, and a big adventure you can use to kick off a new campaign.

[h=3]Satanic Panic by Jim McClure[/h]
(Campaign Ends : Friday 31st March 2017; 04:00 UTC)

People whisper in hushed tones about a corruption taking hold in the world. A secret wildfire spreading from basement to basement called tabletop. Some sat it is evil, some say it is turning their kids into monsters, and some say it is summoning demons.

…and every whisper rings true.

Tabletop is bringing evil into the world and turning people into monsters and you are one of the few that stand against this evil. You can stop tabletop.

Satanic Panic is a tabletop roleplaying game set in the fictional 1970’s and 1980’s where players take on the role of secret government agents tasked with combating the evils of tabletop. The players work as a team with the common purpose to contain, control, and eliminate the threats to our world. They must do all this while keeping the truth from the public, lest a panic ensue.

The game will be a 200-page hardcover book with everything needed for a GM and 2-6 players. It is deisgned so that the game can be played as a traditional RPG campaign or can be played in an episodic fashion with different numbers and arrangements of players. Satanic Panic brings modern game design principles to traditional tabletop game play. It gives the players all the power they need to fight against the forces of evil while making their every decision have long term consequences.

Join us in the fight against evil, join us in the fight against tabletop.

[h=3]Elder Dice – Lovecraftian themed dice for all tabletop games by David LaRocca[/h]
(Campaign Ends : Wednesday 29th March 2017; 05:30 UTC)

Elder Dice come in three flavours – Cthulhu, Star Elder Sign and Lovecraft Elder Sign. Each set consists of nine dice (1xd4, 3xd6, 1xd8, 1xd10, 1xd%, 1xd12 and 1xd20) and a matching grimoire box with a magnetic closure to keep them in. The campaign has localised shipping/fulfilment arranged in the US, Canada, Europe and Australasia to help keep postage costs down for backers. The stretch goals are also upgrading the Grimoire Boxes – such as adding premium linen surface texture ot the books, giving each unique interior artwork or making them in slip cases.

The sets look very nice and I’m certainly looking forward to receiving my copies!

[h=3]Fosc Anansi – RPG Adventure Module – 1E & 5E by Lloyd Metcalf[/h]
(Campaign Ends : Tuesday 14th March 2017; 00:00 UTC)

Originally created for RPG Crate in January 2017, Fail Squad Games are releasing a revised version of this adventure module for 1E and 5E. The adventure is for four six characters of 6th Level and will be 52 pages long.

Silent crawlers with a venomous bite. Web spinners, creating sticky, beautiful homes that double as deadly traps. Nature’s most artistic killers.

What fools would grow these tiny killing machines into the size of ponies or even larger?

Gnomes! Opportunistic dark gnomes, looking for profit, who stumbled upon an inter-dimensional substance – experimental, yet undoubtedly powerful.

Then something came creeping down the strand that connected the spiders to the inter-dimensional world, a shadow – the Shadow of the Spider Goddess!

[h=3]Perilous Vistas: Two New Environment Books for Pathfinder by Frog God Games[/h]
(Campaign Ends :Wednesday 29th March 2017; 18:31 UTC)

Perilous Vistas are back with two new 225+ page books for Pathfinder. This time round Frog God are exploring foreboding mountains in Mountains of Madness and mysterious wetlands in Marshes of Malice. Both books build upon real world details tailored to meet fantasy roleplaying rules.

Mountains of Madness naturally focuses its attention on mountains, the mighty, stone behemoths that soar into the heavens. In particular, it details the Stoneheart Mountains, renowned as the spine of the Lost Lands Campaign Setting and the backdrop for other legendary adventures including The Slumbering Tsar Saga and Sword of Air, all from Frog God Games.

Marshes of Malice examines the semi-aquatic world that straddles the open seas and the wholly terrestrial with special emphasis on previously unexplored or underdeveloped regions in the Lost Lands Campaign Setting. Both supplements introduce new natural and manmade hazards, innovative feats, equipment, alchemical substances, magic items, spells and archetypes that can aid or hinder brave mountaineers aspiring to conquer the majestic peaks and intrepid adventurers endeavouring to tame the feral wetlands. Wondrous illustrations accompany the frightful, new denizens that call these lands home.

Mountains of Madness features an expansive prologue that describes the rustic town of Miners’ Refuge along with four interconnected adventures that take characters from 3rd to 9th levels and flesh out the Stoneheart Mountains region with extensive details about the fabled Dwarven strongholds of Erod Flan and Tyr Whin. Although designed as an adventure path, the quartet can be run independently as well.

Marshes of Malice, on the other hand, include three completely autonomous adventures that take the characters on terrifying journeys into the depths of the bleakest swamps and the bottomless chasm of the darkest souls. These horrific tales occur in the dreadful Dyrgalas Fens, which appeared in the Quests of Doom adventure “Death in Dyrgalas”, the Dragonmarsh Lowlands, which is touched upon in Rappan Athuk and the introduction of the previously unexplored Wytch’s Bog. Despite the fact that the adventures take place in locales that appear in the Lost Lands Campaign Setting, the extensive scientific and game mechanics regarding these two environments can be applied to all mountainous and wetlands campaigns regardless of their setting. Likewise, with a few minor adjustments, the adventures can be effectively run anywhere.

[h=3]Owlbears – Fantasy RPG Themed Designer Plush by Andi Smith (Whimsy Works)[/h]
(Campaign Ends : Wednesday 5th April 2017; 02:00 UTC)

What can I say about this campaign. It’s for Plush Owlbears! Hasn’t everyone wanted to cuddle up to an Owlbear at night? I certainly didn’t know I did until I saw these!!!

Owlbears are fictional creatures that can be found in a myriad of fantasy role-playing games. In most cases, they are ferocious monsters that have the burly body of a bear and the head of an owl.

Whimsy Works’ Owlbears are super cuddly, extra soft, and non-aggressive versions of these fearsome predators. These Owlbears are designer plush toys with role-playing game themed Paunch Patches on their tummies.

Each bear is about 12 inches in height. The Fireball Owlbear is the first plush on offer if the campaign hits its $4500 goal with Icosa the d20 Owlbear joining the party at $7500 (with his d20 Paunch Pad). Beyond these we’ll hopefully see a few other Owlbear designs with Paunch Pads displaying things such as ‘Faerie Fire’ and ‘Magic Missile’.

If you like what we do here at EN World (the Forums, Columns, News, ENnies, etc) and would like to help support us to bring you MORE please consider supporting our Patreon. Even a single dollar helps Thanks!

If you have a forthcoming Kickstarter, or see one that excites you, please feel free to drop me an email on angus.abranson@gmail.com You can follow me on Twitter @ Angus_A or on Facebook where I often post about gaming.

Until next week, have fun and happy gaming!

Angus Abranson

Inchoroi

Adventurer
The Perilous Vistas are great books for lore, but if you're a 5e DM (like me) you'll have to convert the adventures (not very hard, really) or wait/hope that they come out with Quests of Doom (which they probably will, as they've done that for every other Perilous Vista book) that'll have 5e conversions. That being said: getting them in PF isn't bad, because, despite the bulk of the mechanics being PF, there's a lot of gold for worldbuilding in them, and a few of the gems that you can convert to 5e to make things interesting, traps and such.

All in all, I'm getting the $29 PDFs of both, because they're worth that much. If the adventures were in 5e already, I'd be getting the hardcovers, but I'll save the hardcover money for Quests of Doom! If you run Lost Lands the setting, like I do, then you'll love these books, as there's a lot of info on the Stoneheart Mountains in Mountains of Madness; I can't wait to read about the dwarves.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases