A Free One-Page RPG Where You're A Bear!
  • The Other Red Box - Early Alternative Art For...

A bit of D&D history! Frank Mentzer (TSR, Dungeons & Dragons, creator of the RPGA) shared the following anecdote regarding an alternate cover for D&D's Red Box set which never came to be. The art was by Larry Elmore and featured more than the single fighter and dragon we're familiar with. The art is actually for sale you would need to contact Frank directly via Facebook or...

Read More

New Releases In Stores This Week : 24th April 2017

A rundown of the New Releases that should be hitting games stores this coming week! Board games, card games, RPGs, Wargames, Miniatures and collectible games... hopefully something for everyone! For more information about any of the products please contact your local games store. ROLE PLAYING GAMES ...

Read More

Here's Some Concept Work For ALTERNITY'S...

Rich Baker over at Sasquatch Game Studios has sent along an exclusive preview of some concept work for Alterity's "The Shipyard" sourcebook (which is a companion volume included in the currently running Alternity RPG Kickstarter). This page spread shows a Tebenkov-Class Survey...

Read More

Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races

This week's Unearthed Arcana is another collection of new feats. "This document introduces new feats to playtest. As explained in chapter 6 of the Player’s Handbook, feats, like multiclassing, are an optional part of the game, usable only if your DM permits them. These feats don’t assume that...

Read More
  • A Free One-Page RPG Where You're A Bear!

Grant Hewitt, who runs a Patreon here, has posted an awesome one-page RPG called Honey Heist. You play a criminal bear, and you have two stats: CRIMINAL and BEAR. Hewitt describes it as "A roleplaying game in which you are a bear with a plan, but unfortunately you are also a goddamn bear, so let's see how that goes." He posts a one-page RPG each month, and co-wote the most recent edition of the Paranoia RPG. Check out the free RPG (below) and then, maybe, check out his Patreon.

Comments 8 Comments
      TarionzCousin -
      "Roll twice" on the hat table is nice.
      Henry -
      Ah, yes, the joys of mixing whiskey and Yogi Bear Reruns during a game design session...

Seriously, though, this would make a really fun one-shot or con game.
      Rune -
      Quote Originally Posted by TarionzCousin View Post
      "Roll twice" on the hat table is nice.
      I appreciate that it doesn't tell you to ignore another result of 8.
      Dannyalcatraz -
      I hope for an expanded hat table in Honey Heist 1.5Ed (aka Advanced HH): baseball caps, balaclavas, papakhas, yarmulkes...maybe even one of d02.

I also wonder how Miss University 2017 will feel about HH...
      Zarithar -
      The classes come straight from the A-Team by way of Shadowrun which I think I love.
      Zarithar -
      Wait a minute... a honey badger is not a type of bear! Shenanigans!!!
      Henry -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
      I appreciate that it doesn't tell you to ignore another result of 8.
      So the person who unexpectedly rolls a string of 8's just goes through the whole game, wearing a different hat in every single scene - either he's the face, or a hipster bear. Love it.
      Mistwell -
      I love this so much
    Comments Leave Comment