Take A Peek At The Sunless Citadel From Tales of the Yawning Portal

darjr

I crit!
Tales of the Yawning Portal is imminent, and the preview machine has started to gear up. Below, you can see two pages from The Sunless Citadel (a 3E adventure by Monte Cook Games' Bruce Cordell) as it appears in this upcoming 5th Edition conversion. The Sunless Citadel was a 32-page adventure which was buried underground, corrupted by a magic tree. The original was voted the 2nd best 3e adventure.

Also available as a PDF from Dragon+ is a two-page excerpt from Tomb of Horrors.

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 22.37.51.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 22.38.03.png

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 22.37.51.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 22.37.51.png
    729 KB · Views: 13,716
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 22.38.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 22.38.03.png
    806.8 KB · Views: 6,431
Last edited by a moderator:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Interesting to see Forgotten Realms in the setting sidebar... it's looking like this doesn't have any kind of assumed setting behind it at all.

Bigsta

Explorer
Interesting to see Forgotten Realms in the setting sidebar... it's looking like this doesn't have any kind of assumed setting behind it at all.

Also no mention of Dark Sun/Athas. I'm assuming this will be the case for all of the adventures in the book as it will be hard to put these old adventure in Dark Sun.

This is giving me great hope that "Dust" is, in fact, a Dark Sun adventure path. The logic being that Dark Sun fans "miss out" in this release.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The logic being that Dark Sun fans "miss out" in this release.

Nobody "misses out" from three lines of text. If three lines of text is all takes to include you, branding really has destroyed creativity. Nobody should pick up a 300-page book, and value it only if a brand is mentioned in it.

Gehrigan

Explorer
Also no mention of Dark Sun/Athas. I'm assuming this will be the case for all of the adventures in the book as it will be hard to put these old adventure in Dark Sun.

This is giving me great hope that "Dust" is, in fact, a Dark Sun adventure path. The logic being that Dark Sun fans "miss out" in this release.

That is some excellent deductive reasoning! Didn't even think about "Dark Sun" when I saw the codename DUST. My fingers and toes are crossed that this is true.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Sigh. And the crap editing continues.

Second page, second line down in the right column: there is a closed parentheses symbol but no open parentheses symbol before it.

Out of the seven total pages available as previews (of which I am aware anyway), four contain such errors. That's a pretty atrocious proportion, and it's getting worse with each new sample.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Sigh. And the crap editing continues.

Second page, second line down in the right column: there is a closed parentheses symbol but no open parentheses symbol before it.

Out of the seven total pages available as previews (of which I am aware anyway), four contain such errors. That's a pretty atrocious proportion, and it's getting worse with each new sample.

Eh, that's all minor stuff. Then again, I grew up on early 80s AD&D, so I'm not a huge stickler on perfect editing lol.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases