A Few More Tidbits About D&D Beyond From The Developer
Adam Bradford, the senior product manager of upcoming D&D digital toolset D&D Beyond
has answered a few questions about the product over at the Tribality website. You can read the full interview at the link below, but here are the highlights. Nothing major, but a few bits like filtering content, roadmap features like initiative trackers, color-coded tabs, etc.
- Alpha testing is finished.
- Beta testing emails go out "very soon".
- The software has table with colour codes (see images above and below) to make it easy to tell where you are.
- Adam has played D&D for 20 years.
- Additional features later will include "encounter builder, combat/ initiative tracker, dice rolling and automation, stream integration, and much more".
- There will be easy ways to filter content - for example "Want to see every spell that requires a Charisma saving throw in the game? Or every healing spell? Every spell that does force damage?"
- Their license does not restrict them on delivery mechanisms. They "are fully aware of the offline capability concerns and are working to mitigate those concerns". A few days ago, WotC's Greg Tito confirmed "D&D Beyond will work without an internet connection. That's a big deal for the devs!"
- You an read the full interview here.