A Preview of A TOUCH OF CLASS: 7 Classes For 5E
  • Preview The ALCHEMIST Class From A TOUCH OF CLASS...

A Touch of Class, the new 70-page full-color softcover class book for 5E, introduces seven new classes to your 5th Edition games, along with a range of associated subclasses, feats, spells, items, backgrounds, and more. The Kickstarter launches next week, on Monday, 3rd April. Here's a quick preview of a couple of pages of the Alchemist, one of the 7 classes featured (the others are...

Read More

News Digest: The Lady of Pain Returns to Alpha...

Hello everyone, Darryl here with this week’s gaming news! We finally know what the PlanEscape website is all about, Goodman Games is bringing us In Search of the Unknown at the Keep on the Borderlands, Friend Computer might be upset if you don't find out about a new pre-order available, RuneQuest gets a new line developer, and more! ...

Read More
  • A Preview of A TOUCH OF CLASS: 7 Classes For 5E

Coming soon to Kickstarter is a 70-page full-colour softcover book detailing 7 full classes for 5th Edition. These seven classes originally appeared in EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon. Over time, they have been revised and updated after plenty of feedback from the community, and now they're ready to be presented as a full-colour softcover book! Each is a full class, along with archetypes; plus the collection includes a selection of supporting feats, spells, items, backgrounds, and monsters to help make the most from them. Take a look at the contents and introduction to the book!

Comments 29 Comments
    1. TwoSix -
      Excited!
      ddaley -
      Interesting! I am sure you'll let us know when it launches?
      Aldarc -
      Has there been any errata or changes made as a result of extended playtesting of these materials?
    1. TwoSix -
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc View Post
      Has there been any errata or changes made as a result of extended playtesting of these materials?
      I know on Twitter, the editor said a lot of the discussion points about balance changes had been included.
      Aldarc -
      Quote Originally Posted by TwoSix View Post
      I know on Twitter, the editor said a lot of the discussion points about balance changes had been included.
      I recall @Zardnaar mentioning about balance problems that he saw with the Noble (aka ENWarlord), so I would be curious as to his thoughts on these balance changes then.
      Morrus -
      Lots of it! These are revised and updated based on feedback from the community. Some major changes.
      Morrus -
      I recall @Zardnaar mentioning about balance problems that he saw with the Noble (aka ENWarlord), so I would be curious as to his thoughts on these balance changes then.
      He was one of the (several) people who kindly offered the useful detailed feedback we used to update these.
      Aldarc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      He was one of the (several) people who kindly offered the useful detailed feedback we used to update these.
      I'm all the more excited about this book then.
      TheCosmicKid -
      The C in your title font looks like a G. I read it as "A Tough of Glass".
    1. TwoSix -
      I'm officially a big fan of ENWarlord.
      Zardnaar -
      We tested it and in the right party its broken in half and in the wrong party its kind of meh.

The design is not great.

A major problem was one of its abilities which can at will let a warlock spam eldritch blast+ enable an attack from a Rogue/-5/+10 user. Also you lost proficiency which is odd in 5E.

The Morph is probably the best EN5ider class RAW at least at lower levels. Whats better than a Mon Druid in bear form at level 2? A bear that can half damage from non magical weapons.
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zardnaar View Post
      We tested it and in the right party its broken in half and in the wrong party its kind of meh.

The design is not great.

A major problem was one of its abilities which can at will let a warlock spam eldritch blast+ enable an attack from a Rogue/-5/+10 user. Also you lost proficiency which is odd in 5E.

The Morph is probably the best EN5ider class RAW at least at lower levels. Whats better than a Mon Druid in bear form at level 2? A bear that can half damage from non magical weapons.
      To clarify, Zardnaar, you're commenting on the version from before you (and others) consulted on it.
      Zardnaar -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      To clarify, Zardnaar, you're commenting on the version from before you (and others) consulted on it.

Yeah almost rolled up a morph the other night but took out my Warlord for as test drive.
      Rhylthar -
      When will the KS start?
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rhylthar View Post
      When will the KS start?
      We're aiming for the beginning of April.
      akr71 -
      Are/will the updated pdfs available through EN5sider or are they only available through the Kickstarter (and presumably online elsewhere later on)?
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by akr71 View Post
      Are/will the updated pdfs available through EN5sider or are they only available through the Kickstarter (and presumably online elsewhere later on)?
      There's a post on EN5ider for EN5ider patrons which tells them how to get it.
      akr71 -
      Well, then I guess I should go check it out...
    1. Tony Vargas -
      For those of us who don't kickstart, but, like, pay for stuff printed on dead trees with formal declarations of faith & credit printed on tiny slips of dead trees, what's the chance of actually finding one and making such a clandestine and barbaric exchange of tree cadavers?
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tony Vargas View Post
      For those of us who don't kickstart, but, like, pay for stuff printed on dead trees with formal declarations of faith & credit printed on tiny slips of dead trees, what's the chance of actually finding one and making such a clandestine and barbaric exchange of tree cadavers?
      It will be printed on dead trees, but for now it's planned as a Kickstarter only item. Sorry!
    Comments Leave Comment