Starfinder's Spaceships Are Pretty!
  • Gale Force 9 Comments On Brazil Translatorgate

In the wake of Brazil Tanslatorgate, Dungeons & Dragons licensee Gale Force Nine has made a statement regarding the dispute between Fire on Board and FMR about the rights to translate D&D 5th Edition into Portuguese for he Brazilian audience. They have put translation plans...

Read More

Lankhmar Box Set for Dungeon Crawl Classics!

Goodman Games have launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a Lankhmar Boxed Set for Dungeon Crawl Classics. The set, due for release in August 2018 if successfully funded, will explore the fantastic swords & sorcery world of Nehwon...

Read More

WotC & Goodman Games Partner To Reprint...

At Gary Con, Goodman Games and WotC announced a partnership, as reported by Brett B over on Google+. They'll be reprinting classic modules, including B1 In Search of the Unknown and B2 The Keep on the Borderlands in a hardcover with both the original adventures and 5th Edition information. More information if and when...

Read More

Finally In Softcover - [WOIN] Universal Upgrades

This book of advanced character options for those playing N.E.W. The Science Fiction Roleplaying Game is now available in softcover. "This essential manual for sci-fi themed...

Read More

Behold The STARFINDER Core Rulebook Cover!

Last night, Paizo revealed the final cover for its upcoming Starfinder Core Rulebook! Starfinder, based on the Pathfinder rules, is due for release this August. A 582-page book, with a cover illustration by Remko Troost. Save[FONT=Helvetica...

Read More
  • Starfinder's Spaceships Are Pretty!

Courtesy of figures.com at the GAMA trade show this weekend, these slides from the Paizo panel show off some gorgeous spaceship art from the Vesk (lizard people), the Shirren (insect people), and the Pactworld Alliance . Someone asked me the other day whether there would be a space hex grid battle map from Paizo, too -- the slide below answers that one with a definitive yes!

Comments 7 Comments
      Dannyalcatraz -
      Yay!
      turkeygiant -
      The Vesk ships kinda look like the Gamila ships from Space Battleship Yamato which is awesome. But that begs the question can we get a Wave Motion Gun on our ship to fight them?
      buda -
      Quote Originally Posted by turkeygiant View Post
      The Vesk ships kinda look like the Gamila ships from Space Battleship Yamato which is awesome. But that begs the question can we get a Wave Motion Gun on our ship to fight them?
      Raises the question, it does not beg it.
      "To beg a question means to assume the conclusion of an argument—a type of circular reasoning. This is an informal fallacy, in which an arguer includes the conclusion to be proven within a premise of the argument, often in an indirect way such that its presence within the premise is hidden or at least not easily apparent."
      Tyranthraxus -
      I look at the Shirren stuff and think Minbari for some reason.
      chibi graz'zt -
      Pretty? That's a relative term
    1. Bluenose -
      The box art isn't terrible, I'll say that. I'll believe the ships are any better than average when I can see them, and that's a rather stiffer test than it would have been even a decade ago. Kickstarter in particular has let some very nice miniatures get into production.
    1. Lwaxy -
      Hmm...nothing special,generic spaceship design, Minbari comes indeed to mind. I would have preferred something more elegant and less "bubbly."
    Comments Leave Comment