Behold The STARFINDER Core Rulebook Cover!
  • Behold The STARFINDER Core Rulebook Cover!

Last night, Paizo revealed the final cover for its upcoming Starfinder Core Rulebook! Starfinder, based on the Pathfinder rules, is due for release this August. A 582-page book, with a cover illustration by Remko Troost.

SaveSave
    SaveSave
    Comments 28 Comments
      RevTurkey -
      That's cool.
      Desh-Rae-Halra -
      I like it!
      JeffB -
      If I did not know what the game was , I would totally pass this by on the shelf. Covers that don't show some kind of action the game represents and instead show only static posed "hey, don't I look so totally effin awesome?" characters are boooooooorrrrrriiiinnnnnggg., Afaic.

Paizo's Art Director should take a look at how FFG does their Star Wars corebooks in mixing iconic characters in a static pose and a scene that conveys adventure/action.
      Curmudjinn -
      Behold, ye Mighty, the eleventy-millionth humanoid alien RPG!
    1. Reynard -
      I think the art is great but I find it a little strange it is entirely sci-fi. Nothing on the cover says "science fantasy" even to the extent of Star Wars, let alone the Pathfinder in Space they have made Starfinder sound like thus far. Does that mean the magical elements in the game will be more subdued than we have been led to believe, or just that they wanted something really space opera for the cover?
      Patrick McGill -
      Looks very sci-fantasy to me. The human with the longsword, the lizard thing with the hyperlaserbattleaxe, etc.
      Morrus -
      It is clearly sci-fantasy, but I'd agree with Reynard that there's no magic obviously on display in the image.
      vecna00 -
      582 pages? By the gods, how much will this book cost?
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by vecna00 View Post
      582 pages? By the gods, how much will this book cost?
      The Pathfinder core book is in that region, isn't it?
      vecna00 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      The Pathfinder core book is in that region, isn't it?
      I honestly have no idea, I don't own the book :-)
      TiwazTyrsfist -
      Around $60 apparently.
      vecna00 -
      Quote Originally Posted by TiwazTyrsfist View Post
      Around $60 apparently.
      That's not terrible, I was expecting $80.
      Mercurius -
      Guardians of the Galaxy much?
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
      Guardians of the Galaxy much?
      If you're going to make snide comments about the originality of somebody else's art, at least try to come up with your own phrase.
      Mercurius -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      If you're going to make snide comments about the originality of somebody else's art, at least try to come up with your own phrase.
      Huh? I wasn't saying anything about the originality of the art - just saying that it reminds me of GotG. No need to get tiffy!
      Jester David -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
      If I did not know what the game was , I would totally pass this by on the shelf. Covers that don't show some kind of action the game represents and instead show only static posed "hey, don't I look so totally effin awesome?" characters are boooooooorrrrrriiiinnnnnggg., Afaic.
      Agreed. It doesn't give you any context. Just characters posing. Very bland.
      What's the context? Are these heroes? Scoundrels? Is the tone epic or gritty? What is this game about?

It's very much like the cover of the 4e PHB rather than the Pathfinder Core Rulebook or the 5e PHB.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
      Paizo's Art Director should take a look at how FFG does their Star Wars corebooks in mixing iconic characters in a static pose and a scene that conveys adventure/action.
      Which is curious, as that's the design of the Pathfinder Adventure Path covers. Which work very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
      I think the art is great but I find it a little strange it is entirely sci-fi. Nothing on the cover says "science fantasy" even to the extent of Star Wars, let alone the Pathfinder in Space they have made Starfinder sound like thus far. Does that mean the magical elements in the game will be more subdued than we have been led to believe, or just that they wanted something really space opera for the cover?
      Also agreed.
      Other than the sword and energy axe there's no sign of fantasy. No magic. No sign of gods/clerics. No space dragons.

Give me a picture of a bunch of heroes at the helm of spaceship fighting a cyborg dragon.
      ddaley -
      The cover doesn't concern me much. I'll wait and see what the content is like.

I just checked out the FFG Star Wars covers again, since someone mentioned them. I own the core books and a few modules. I am not that impressed with the FFG covers, and honestly hadn't paid much attention to them. We played 1 session of FFG's Star Wars and haven't played again, because we didn't care for the mechanics (content)... the cover couldn't save them.
      RevTurkey -
      Blimey...what a tough crowd
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
      Huh? I wasn't saying anything about the originality of the art - just saying that it reminds me of GotG. No need to get tiffy!
      Sorry. I was trying to be funny, not tiffy!
      Asatru009 -
      Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook is 576 pages.

Starfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook is 582 pages.
    Comments Leave Comment