Play The Cultists in the new Cthulhu RPG ‘The Unspeakable: Sigil & Sign’ from Make Believe Games & C

Cubicle 7 Entertainment (The One Ring; Doctor Who) have announced an agreement with Mark Rein-Hagen’s (Vampire: The Masquerade; World of Darkness) Make Believe Games to release a new Cthulhu RPG inspired by H.P. Lovecraft and August Derleth where players will take on the roles of cultists.

In Unspeakable: Sigil & Sign expectations are flipped on their heads, and players take the role of cultists, members of an apparently evil organization, dedicated to the destruction of mundane reality. The game explores the multifaceted themes of what it means to be monsters, looking out on a world that is as disturbing and maddening to them as they are to it.

Dominic McDowall, CEO of Cubicle 7 Entertainment, had this to say:

“As a life-long fan of Mark Rein-Hagen’s work I am insanely excited about this partnership between our companies and what it enables us to bring to gamers. Cubicle 7 has some really strong experience with Mythos games, and Mark’s company brings some really brilliant creative talent, like C.A. Suleiman, to the table. We’re creating something truly fresh with Unspeakable: Sigil & Sign. New situations, new play experiences, and a whole new way to explore the Mythos.”

“For me, the entire concept of The Unspeakable setting is like a final exam of game design,” added creator-developer Suleiman. “Without abandoning what’s central to it, nor even leaving its classic pulp era, we get to pull back the veil on some of the deeper mysteries of the Cthulhu Mythos, in the process rendering a game environment as rich and compelling as that of any tabletop game setting.”

“I can’t remember a time before I loved the Mythos,” said Mark Rein-Hagen, founder of Make Believe Games and creator of Vampire: The Masquerade and the World of Darkness. “It was my introduction to horror. Real horror. Words cannot express how excited I am to finally be involved in a truly Lovecraftian RPG.”

Work is now underway on the core set for Sigil & Sign, which introduces the characters and setting as it establishes core rules and themes. It launches on Kickstarter in April. All products in the series will run on the Axiom System, first launched in MBG’s “Toxploitation” RPG, I Am Zombie.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases