Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Starter Spells; Plus UA Returning To Monthly & Sage Advice Returning

Chaos Bolt is the first Sorcerer-only spell. Interesting.

What I've read so far looks really good. I like the idea of Ceremony quite a bit, but some of the effects (Investiture!) might be a little overpowered.

This week's Unearthed Arcana (this time by Robert J Schwalb, rather than Mike Mearls, along with Jeremy Crawford) details a section of new cantrips and 1st-level spells. In addition, WotC has announced that UA will be returning to its old monthly schedule, and Jeremy Crawford's Sage Advice column will return -- "For a while now, we’ve been releasing Unearthed Arcana multiple times a month as part of a special series of articles. That series wraps up at the end of April 2017. After that, we’ll return to releasing Unearthed Arcana once, sometimes twice, a month, and the Sage Advice column will return."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 17.43.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 17.43.13.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11,626
Last edited by a moderator:

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Man, "Marriage" is going to make adventuring way more awkward...

Half-orc: "This is going to be our most difficult fight yet!"
Goliath: "I'm not sure we're strong enough!"
Cleric: "Would +2 AC help?"
Half-orc: "Yes!"
Cleric: "Great. You'll just have to marry each other."

Sacrosanct

Legend
I like cause fear, and becomes pretty good against low hp creatures. I wish it was like sleep, where you could increase the hp if you cast in a higher slot. Chaos bolt would normally be a lot of fun, but I hate wild mages, so I just know one of my gamers (who loves them) will use this as a go to spell lol. And my druid/barbarian will make frequent use of primal savagery. I see use out of zephyr strike as well

Inglorin

Explorer
On the other hand, I don't understand Guiding Hand. Does the hand move through walls or even mountains or does it take the shortest possible route, solving any pathfinding problem on the way?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using EN World mobile app

I like the Ceremony spell, it's very flavourful yet generic enough to be twisted into a lot of fun scenes. I can see this being something that the players agonise over using, and maybe even build concepts (the young lovers, etc) for.

I'm also pleased at the Toll the Bell spell, a solid Necromancy cantrip for Necromancers, who I vaguely recall were struggling for them.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases