O.L.D. Is Here -- And Here's The Table of Contents!
  • Twenty Years Later: Exploring The World of...

Always one to keep up to date on the latest gaming trends, I have been finding myself drawn to the classic World of Darkness lately. I know, I'm only just over 20 years too late to jump on this bandwagon, but I have gotten the Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse...

Read More

Here's Some Concept Work For ALTERNITY'S...

Rich Baker over at Sasquatch Game Studios has sent along an exclusive preview of some concept work for Alterity's "The Shipyard" sourcebook (which is a companion volume included in the currently running Alternity RPG Kickstarter). This page spread shows a Tebenkov-Class Survey...

Read More

Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races

This week's Unearthed Arcana is another collection of new feats. "This document introduces new feats to playtest. As explained in chapter 6 of the Player’s Handbook, feats, like multiclassing, are an optional part of the game, usable only if your DM permits them. These feats don’t assume that...

Read More
  • O.L.D. Is Here -- And Here's The Table of Contents!

For WOIN fans, the hardcover version of O.L.D. has been completed. It's going out to Kickstarter backers, and will be available later, once all the backers have their copies. The book came in at 350 pages, full-colour. Here's a quick peek at the Table of Contents. O.L.D. is, of course, fully compatible with N.E.W., its companion science-fiction game, so you can play a medieval fantasy game, a far future science-fiction game, or mix them to introduce magic to your sci-fi. O.L.D., like N.E.W., uses a life path system for character creation and a d6 dice pool system for task resolution.

Comments 17 Comments
    1. Reynard -
      Nice! I'm excited.
    1. Ghost2020 -
      PDF ready for sale yet?
      Morrus -
      Not yet. Kickstarter backers first (they'll be getting it in the next day or so).
      dave2008 -
      Let's know when the PDF is available please. I will be interested in that.
      Morrus -
      There is no danger of me not letting everybody know when the PDF is available.
      fjw70 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
      There is no danger of me not letting everybody know when the PDF is available.
      I want to make sure I get one of those pdfs before you run out of stock. :-)
    1. jrowland -
      I want to upgrade my pdf to the full color hardback....waaaa!
    1. Ghost2020 -
      coughbestiarycough
      Mercurius -
      Looks good. A couple questions, for Morrus or anyone familiar with the OLD/NEW system.

1. Where does it like on the rules light-to-heavy spectrum? Say, on a scale of 1 to 5 if, say, 5E is 3.5ish, 4E/3.5E is 4ish, and Pathfinder is 4.5ish?
      2. What differentiates this from other fantasy (heartbreaker) games? What makes it standout as distinct or unique?
      criamonkeith -
      from what i have seen, it is about as crunchy as 3.5 or pathfinder, very much more mini and map oriented than 5e.
      the thing that i like most about it is the fluidity of the system to be able to handle far future all the way to ancient or medieval settings, even mixing the two. I'm a guy who loves to create his own settings, so the ease of modding is right up my alley.
      criamonkeith -
      any idea on when the hardcover will be available for general sale? weeks? months?
      LucasC -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
      Looks good. A couple questions, for Morrus or anyone familiar with the OLD/NEW system.

1. Where does it like on the rules light-to-heavy spectrum? Say, on a scale of 1 to 5 if, say, 5E is 3.5ish, 4E/3.5E is 4ish, and Pathfinder is 4.5ish?
      2. What differentiates this from other fantasy (heartbreaker) games? What makes it standout as distinct or unique?
      It's on the crunchy side of the rules equation. More like PF in that respect than 5e.

I've played it off and on for several years. The things my group and I like are:

- Character creation. I GM, they play. Every one of them loves the background system of WOIN.

- Cross Genre. We always mix our fantasy up with sci-fi when playing WOIN and it's built for it.

There's more but those are a few.

Lucas
      Morrus -
      PDF went out to backers about 5 minutes ago. Check your inboxes!

Hardcovers are on their way.
      Corrosive -
      Quote Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
      Let's know when the PDF is available please. I will be interested in that.
      If you head on over here, you might like what you see!

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/209297...leplaying-Game
      Morrus -
      Now the Kickstarter backers have been sent their copies, the 350-page PDF is now available for $10 at DTRPG and RPGNow.

The hardcover will be a bit later - those will take a while to ship out to backers all around the world, and will be available for purchase at the usual locations shortly after that.
      garydee -
      $10 bucks? That's a steal!
      dave2008 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Corrosive View Post
      If you head on over here, you might like what you see!

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/209297...leplaying-Game
      Thanks! I just picked it up!
    Comments Leave Comment