RPG Crate Unboxing: Mythoard - March 2017

This is the latest unboxing of the March 2017 Mythoard RPG crate. Mythoard is starting to look a lot like the geek crate that inspired it (Loot Crate), with dice, miniatures, and terrain included as well as other printed and digital products. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

This is the latest unboxing of the March 2017 Mythoard RPG crate. Mythoard is starting to look a lot like the geek crate that inspired it (Loot Crate), with dice, miniatures, and terrain included as well as other printed and digital products. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

attachment.php

[video=youtube;TrI4lOhtXLI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrI4lOhtXLI[/video]
[h=3]Physical Hoard[/h]
  • Autographed Card by Margaret Weis announcing her Spymaster Novel
  • Full set of dice
  • GoreTunnel One Pager
  • Knights of the Dinner Table
  • The Legend of Old Crank by MithrilPunk
  • 2 Mythoard adventure cards by Justin Andrew Mason
  • 2 Reaper Bones Miniatures by Reaper Minis
  • 2 sample tiles from Hirst Arts terrain
[h=3]The Digital Hoard[/h]
  • 2016 One Page Dungeon Compendium by Shattered Pike Studio
  • The Adventurer's Guide to Lost Arcana by For Gold and Glory
  • Book of Lore by Dark Naga Adventures
  • The Book of Puzzles by Dark Naga Adventures
  • The Buried Zikurat by Dark Naga Adventures
  • The Legend of Old Crank by MithrilPunk
  • Maps and Illustrations by Dark Naga Adventures

To learn more about Mythoard see http://www.mythoard.com .

Mike "Talien" Tresca is a freelance game columnist, author, communicator, and a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to http://amazon.com. You can follow him at Patreon.

Michael Tresca

Michael Tresca

CatholicFan

First Post
While the stuff in there is neat, I'd be hard pressed to see a $29 value without the digital stuff. Even then, I'm not a digital purchaser, so this has really limited value to me. That KoDT magazine is really old, too. The current issue is 242. Yikes.

TheSwartz

Explorer
I've been hoping to find one of these "crates" with the types of items I'd like to see (5e adventures, TERRAIN, minis, maps, puzzles, other gaming props) and does not include things I don't need any more of (i.e. please no more t-shirts or dice unless it's gonna be something very unique).

Keep working at it. I do like the idea.

coz

Explorer
I was a subscriber but this crate was the final straw. I just want stuff to read. don't want dice unless they're special or unique (the d30 in this set was ok I guess) but I don't want mini or hirst arts tiles with no use. THe KODT is a huge improvement of the endless judge's guild newsletters (1 was cool after that it became obvious Bad Mike was just getting rid of old dead stock). In the end, I'd rather choose how I spend money on gaming each month than get random stuff I have no use for.

It's a shame, Mythoard turned me on to one of my very favorite games ever: Everything is Dolphins. The crates were always hit or miss, but they've been missing a whole lot more than hitting, especially after it was reborn under new management.

Remove ads

Remove ads