The New D&D Adventure Storyline Will Be Announced On June 2nd-3rd

WotC is holding an event, which they're calling the Stream of Annihilation, on June 2nd and 3rd to announce the new D&D storyline. Various D&D Twitch steamers have been invited to participate in the upcoming campaign, which will be live streamed along with interviews, and so on. "We’ll have folks from Misscliks, Maze Arcana, Critical Role, and Dice, Camera, Action! with Chris Perkins, not to mention international gaming groups like Yogscast's HighRollers (U.K.) and Dragon Friends (Australia)." You'll be able to watch it all live on Twitch at the time. Is this where we'll discover the identity of the mysterious Dust and Midway? Speculate away!

Here's the announcement in full. There's more info about the hosts and the guests here.

Dungeons & Dragons loves the amazing video streams produced by our fans. This community-generated live-play highlights what’s fantastic about D&D—sitting down together with your friends to tell a grand story!

To celebrate, we’ve invited a bunch of D&D streamers and luminaries to Seattle, Washington to hang out and roll some dice on June 2nd and 3rd! This two-day event is called the Stream of Annihilation and it’s two full days of streaming that D&D fans won’t want to miss. We’ll have folks from Misscliks, Maze Arcana, Critical Role, and Dice, Camera, Action! with Chris Perkins, not to mention international gaming groups like Yogscast's HighRollers (U.K.) and Dragon Friends (Australia).
[h=3]PROGRAMMING[/h]Kicking off at 10am on both June 2nd and 3rd, hosts Anna Prosser Robinson and Kelly Link will talk to the Wizards of the Coast D&D team and learn all about our next exciting storyline coming in September. Then each group of streamers will play or share a sample of what to expect from the campaigns they’ll be running over the summer that preview the new D&D story. There will be multiple live games, interviews, new product unveils and improvised hilarity each day, starting at 10am PT and ending at 10pm each night. You’ll get introduced to the High Rollers crew delving into uncharted territory DMed by Mark Hulmes, a new Misscliks show investigating rumors called Risen, two weekly groups from our friends Satine Phoenix and Ruty Rutenberg at Maze Arcana, a new group of L.A. actors called Girls Guts Glory, and more!

Throughout the Stream of Annihilation, we’ll drop details on our expanded D&D Twitch programming, new accessories fans have been clamoring for coming later this year, and amazing board games and products from our partners. You’ll hear from Cryptic Studios about plans for Neverwinter, Curse Media for D&D Beyond, as well as WizKids, Gale Force 9, Fantasy Grounds, Roll20, and more. Plus, like any Dungeon Master worth their salt, we have a few exciting surprises to pull from our bags of holding!
[h=3]FURTHER DETAILS[/h]You’ll have to watch the Stream of Annihilation to catch it all live! Follow twitch.tv/DnD to get all the updates, then mark your calendars for Friday, June 2nd and Saturday, June 3rd to make sure you don’t miss a thing!

A full schedule, group bios and some more of the celebrities attending the Stream of Annihilation will be announced over the next few weeks. We’ll also be talking about the event on our official Twitter account (@Wizards_DnD) as well as interviewing some of the groups this month on Dragon Talk, the official D&D podcast.
SaveSave

Last edited by a moderator:

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
I'm calling Undermountain.

Hmm, I guess it makes sense that the book was codenamed 'Dust' since that's what spheres of annihilation turn you into. I'm willing to put my eggs in this basket, if only because I'm not that big of a fan of Dark Sun anyways. I've been personally very thirsty for Undermountain content since the D&D open at Origins last year apparently was all about reviving Halaster in the depths of Undermountain. I asked Mike Mearls on twitter if they'd make an effort to have the adventure reach public hands, but if this is what we get instead I'd be fine with it.

Maybe if we're extra lucky they'll spoil when their Unearthed Arcana stuff is going to make it to book format.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
The green-devil image and the reference to spheres of annihilation is more evidence to suggest that we'll be getting a Tomb of Horrors sequel, as I've been predicting for a while now.

Here's what we know:
* According to R.A. Salvatore's latest Drizzt book, Hero, Acererak and his Tomb are now located in Chult (a region of the Forgotten Realms). In Hero, the main villain reveals that Acererak is distributing mirrors with green-devil frames in order to harvest souls throughout Faerun.
* The next adventure path will feature Artus Cimber and the Ring of Winter, as revealed in Storm King's Thunder. Chris Perkins confirmed in a tweet that Artus and the Ring would feature in a 2017 product. Artus, coincidentally, first appeared in a Forgotten Realms novel set in Chult.

I'll go further and predict that Acererak and his dungeon will have less of a presence in the new adventure than Strahd had in Curse of Strahd. In other words, most of the adventure will feature new locations and dungeons, all leading up to an epic battle with the lich himself. I also predict that there will be some planar or dimensional travel involved, due to Artus's role as an Exarch of Auril and Acererak's journey between worlds.

bmfrosty

Explorer
Or is it really the release of 6E? :D

BTW, I kid. I hope.

What would you do with a 6e anyway? Rewrite for clarity? Class adjustment? Ooh - Group Classes/Subclasses/Races/Feats/Multiclassing into tiers to make it easy for a DM to define the type of game they'd like to run. More DM options for different types of mini-games like chases?

The core game seems pretty damn good (adjusting for additional clarity in some rules that is obvious in hindsight, but maybe not in development). I don't know that I'd change it too much.

Sorry for the tangent. As I become more familiar with the 5e rules, the more I like it.

That said, I did play Dungeon World once, and the way the backpack was dealt with was pretty cool. If that became part of D&D, would be D&D enough?

See adventuring gear here: http://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/equipment/#Dungeon_Gear

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases