Games Workshop And Cubicle 7 Announce Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play 4th Edition

While details are still forthcoming, Cubicle 7 and Games Workshop announced today that Cubicle 7 will be publishing a fourth edition of the classic British role-playing game, Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play. The new edition will launch "later this year." The new edition will take direction from the first and second editions of the game rather than the third edition recently published by Fantasy Flight Games.

According to Cubicle 7 CEO Dominic McDowall, "Like so many gamers I grew up on Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. It's an iconic setting and I'm thrilled to be working on this new edition of the game. Our team have a huge breadth of experience with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, and I’m excited to be able to bring the Cubicle 7 approach to the Old World. We’ll be revealing more of our plans in the coming months, so subscribe to our newsletter and keep an eye on our website!"

More details will come as we learn them.

Barantor

Explorer
Based more on the first two? Awesome.

I'm an avid fan of first edition and hope this will fit in nicely with that while bringing new folks to the game.

Sold! I know some people enjoyed it, but 3e was a swing and a miss for me.

I haven’t run a Warhammer Fantasy campaign in ages, but maybe it’ll be time to rectify that when this comes out.

The new edition will take direction from the first and second editions of the game rather than the third edition recently published by Fantasy Flight Games.

"Our team have a huge breadth of experience with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, and I’m excited to be able to bring the Cubicle 7 approach to the Old World"

This means the OLD world, not the Age of Sigmar world, right?

It damn well better, anyway.

doctheweasel

Explorer
I hope they are more inspired by 1st and 2nd and not just rehashing them (which a lot of fans seem to want). Second edition was pretty much complete, so no need to do that over again even with a handful of tweaks.

Banesfinger

Explorer
Fantasy Flight Games puts out quality products. But I think their version (3e) of WFRP implemented several things that deterred new players:
- $100 price tag on core boxed set
- Specialty dice
- Limited the amount of players in core set

I hope Cubical 7 avoids these pitfalls.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases