Fantasy Money Card Deck

Gaming is always better with props! This card deck for the WOIN (What's OLD is NEW) roleplaying game system gives your players physical currency to handle and exchange. No more tracking your wealth on your character sheet - your wealth tracks itself! As the PCs spend money, they hand gold coin cards to the GM, and as they obtain money, the GM hands gold coin cards back to them! designed for the WOIN system, these cards are suitable for any fantasy game which uses gold and silver coins.

Gaming is always better with props! This card deck for the WOIN (What's OLD is NEW) roleplaying game system gives your players physical currency to handle and exchange. No more tracking your wealth on your character sheet - your wealth tracks itself! As the PCs spend money, they hand gold coin cards to the GM, and as they obtain money, the GM hands gold coin cards back to them! designed for the WOIN system, these cards are suitable for any fantasy game which uses gold and silver coins.

18673223_10155403879148707_2882868740751384356_o.jpg

On low-gloss standard poker-sized cards, these double-sided colour cards include 111 total cards for 1gc, 5gc, 10gc, 50gc, 100gc, 500gc, 1000gc, 1sp, 5sp, 10sp, 50sp, 100sp, 500sp, 1000sp, along with a few larger denominations (5,000,10,000, and even 50,000, 100,000, 500,000, and 1,000,000 of each just in case you really need to build that dragon's horde!)

You can use gold coins (gc) and silver coins (sp) as alternate currency unit, different currencies, use either the gold or the silver as your default currency unit, have them both be the same value, or whatever your setting needs.

Of course, if science-fiction is more your thing, there's already a Credit Chip Card Deck!

C8BZeq5XgAIQBXW.jpg

Guang

Explorer
Do the runes on the O.L.D. cards and the language and bar code - like things on the N.E.W. cards mean anything? Is it a transliteration of the value represented on the card, or what?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Do the runes on the O.L.D. cards and the language and bar code - like things on the N.E.W. cards mean anything? Is it a transliteration of the value represented on the card, or what?

The ones on the NEW cards do (they are in something called Cauldron Cant). I don't think the ones on the OLD cards do though.

Abstruse

Legend
Or use a pencil.
You could say the same for character sheets. Or 3D terrain. Or minis. Or rulebooks (just write your own!). Some people like using pencil and paper. We've been doing that as gamers for, what, almost four and a half decades now? And that's awesome for the people who do.

But it's only recently that the market is big enough and manufacturing costs are down enough that we can get cool things like realistic fantasy gold coins, decks of cards for character abilities (except spells, spell decks have kind of always been a thing), and all these neat little trinkets and tokens and trackers coming out from different companies. I mean I'm as cynical as you can get and I think it's pretty cool companies are doing this stuff.

Some of the products are my thing and I buy them (or covet them if I can't afford them), some products aren't for me so I don't get them. But I've never once lamented having too many choices for cool stuff to get.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ooooo, Cauldron Cant. What is this shinyness, please?

The font is available on the WOIN patreon, EONS:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/cauldron-cant-8294043

161261955893106146.jpg

Attachments

• 161261955893106146.jpg
    161261955893106146.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,201

Remove ads

Remove ads