That Upcoming Star Trek RPG Comes In A Special Borg Cube Boxed Set!

Those looking forward to Modiphius' 2d20-based Star Trek Adventures may be excited to hear about a limited edition boxed set which contains a "1701-D" limited edition rulebook, miniatures, dice, tokens, a GM screen, geomorphic deck tiles, character sheets, and a poster map, Geek & Sundry is reporting. No details on price quite yet, but the pre-order opens on June 8th. But the best thing about it? It's shaped like a Borg Cube!

STA-Feature.png

Here's what it contains:

• “1701-D” Collectible Edition Core Rulebook
  • Original Series, Next Generation, Klingon, and Romulan miniatures sets
  • Foam miniatures storage tray
  • Custom Star Trek dice (in red, gold, and blue, of course)
  • Tokens
  • GM screen
  • Starfleet geomorphic deck tiles
  • Character sheets
  • Momentum and Threat game tokens
  • Poster map of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants.
  • Price? Modiphius says "£300 retail value would be around $380US or $500 AUD. However yes there will be a special pre-order price."
See Geek & Sundry for more photos of the boxed set. For previous coverage here at EN World, check out the Romulan miniatures, and the TOS and TNG miniatures.

SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

Last edited:

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
GM screen looks a bit intimidating? How crunchy is this system meant to be? Or is that reference material for some non-rulesy stuff like travel times and things like that?

oneshot

Explorer
[MENTION=17913]neuronphaser[/MENTION],

The system, as of the last playtest, was about medium crunch. While it's tough to make out what everything in the picture is from far away, I think the orange box on the panel we can fully see is the entire list of weapons with the descriptions of the weapons qualities listed below. The small box to its right is, I think, the default stats for supporting crew. But I think at least some of the boxes that are text (like the purple box above the default stats) are just GM advice or some similar list of something that isn't strictly a game mechanic.

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
[MENTION=17913]neuronphaser[/MENTION],

The system, as of the last playtest, was about medium crunch. While it's tough to make out what everything in the picture is from far away, I think the orange box on the panel we can fully see is the entire list of weapons with the descriptions of the weapons qualities listed below. The small box to its right is, I think, the default stats for supporting crew. But I think at least some of the boxes that are text (like the purple box above the default stats) are just GM advice or some similar list of something that isn't strictly a game mechanic.

Good to know, thanks!

Aephix

Villager
Let's see, couple bucks each and that's $50 for the minis, $15 for the dice, tokens & poster, $50 for the book. So $100 to $150?

I'm thinking over twice that...
3 sets of Dice (Command, Science, and Operations)...$15 each is the going rate for most Q-Workshop sets...so $45
4 sets of 8 unpainted plastic minis...Modiphius skews high on the price of their minis and the license fees aren't going to help...looking at $5 per mini, or about $160 (even if they skew low, I don't see them dropping below $20 per set).
Limited Edition Rulebook....the regular edition book is probably going to be $50-60, so I imagine this will come in around $80
Tokens, character sheets, etc...we'll call it an even $20
The packaging...Fancy big box with drawers, a shield, and a foam insert for the minis. That will probably add at least $40 to the price.
So my guess is probably $350-400

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases