Egyptian-themed D&D Setting with PLANE SHIFT: AMONKHET

According to http://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/07/04/dd-meets-amonkhet-magic-the-gathering-this-week/ Plane Shift: Amonkhet should come out this week. I'll be interested to see if it's more engaging than Kaladesh. I had high hopes for that - but as an adventuring world it seems a bit dull after Zendikar and Innistrad.

Plane Shift: Amonkhet is the latest of WotC's Magic: the Gathering / Dungeons & Dragons crossovers. Previous crossovers included Plane Shift: Zendikar, and Plane Shift: Kaladesh. This one, Amonkhet, is an Egyptian-themed plane ruled by an evil dragon. Free to download, the 40-page PDF by James Wyatt and Ashlie Hope contains details on the World of Amonkhet, the Races of Amonkhet, Trials of the Five Gods, a bestiary, and a two-page appendix about the multiverse.

Races.
These include Humans, Aven (humans with bird heads and wings), Khenra (humanoid jackals), Minotaurs, and Nagas (snakes with arms).

Five Gods. The five gods embody five virtues: Solidarity, Knowledge, Strength, Ambition, and Zeal. Each comes with its own 5E domain.

Bestiary. Monsters stat blocks include a Criosphinx, Manitcore Heart-Piercer, and Serpopard (cat-snakes), along with discussion of angels, dragons, demons, and more.

Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 18.03.17.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 18.03.17.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 18.03.17.png
    754.1 KB · Views: 21,040
Last edited by a moderator:

After a quick look through, those are some interesting races (people who want to play gnolls could pretty easily refluff the jackal guys), and a new sphinx and a new manticore are both appreciated.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
After a quick look through, those are some interesting races (people who want to play gnolls could pretty easily refluff the jackal guys), and a new sphinx and a new manticore are both appreciated.

Still no map I'm sure? That's the one gaping hole in these plane shift offerings IMHO.

Thanks, Robus. Really it would a pity if the rich background of M:tG to be not used for D&D games. I love to create and mixing crazy mash-ups from different sources. Have you imagined a crossover Transformers-Kaladdesh or Innistrad-Ravenloft?

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads