D&D Beyond Launches on August 15th for $3-6/m

$3/ month isn't that bad. And you really only need it if you want to use homebrew.

JRedmond

Explorer
The release date for the D&D electronic tools suite is August 15th, 2017! "The “Hero Tier” subscription, for $3/month, will be able to make unlimited characters and use homebrew content from other users. For $6/month, the “Master Tier” subscription unlocks the ability to share paid content with up to 12 other players across all of their games, as mentioned above. That paid content includes rule supplements, such as Volo's Guide to Monsters, which will cost a fixed, one-time price of $30. Adventure modules, such as Curse of Strahd, will cost $25 (though special Founders’ Pricing on the first seven days after launch will instead be $20). Free accounts can purchase these supplements as well, and no content will be lost if your paid subscription lapses."

dd-beyond-toolset-image-720x720.jpg

For more info, check out this full article over at Digital Trends.

Direct from D&D Beyond:

Players will be able to unlock official Dungeons & Dragons content in digital format for a one-time purchase that is integrated into the toolset. Players can also purchase individual game elements or bundled content within any official source. Like to play barbarians? You can unlock that class and all of its options only. Want to run "Tomb of Horrors" from Tales From the Yawning Portal? Unlock that single adventure.

Digital sourcebooks (such as the Player's Handbook or Volo's Guide to Monsters) will be available for $29.99, while adventure modules (such as Curse of Strahd or Storm King's Thunder) will be available for $24.99.

For the first week after launch, the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual will be on sale for $19.99!

Players can get the most out their D&D Beyond experience by signing up for one of two subscription tiers.

The Hero Tier is intended primarily for players. It removes ads on the site, allows players to create an unlimited number of characters, and add publicly-shared homebrew content to your collection to use within the toolset. The Master Tier is intended primarily for Dungeon Masters and full groups. It grants all the benefits of the Hero Tier, and also allows a DM to share all her unlocked official content with other players within a campaign - so content does not have to be unlocked by every player.
SaveSave

Attachments

• dd-beyond-toolset-image-720x720.jpg
    dd-beyond-toolset-image-720x720.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 15,066
Last edited by a moderator:

xanstin

Explorer
The idea of repurchasing books for the third time is a bit of a put off for me. (Paper, Fantasy Grounds and now potentially again for Beyond)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barantor

Explorer
Convenience item mostly. After looking at what it can do I'm not sold on it. Books cover this, other games just give out PDFs without charging you monthly.

Doubling down the cost so you get a fancier PDF seems dumb to me.

JRedmond

Explorer
There has been a bit more information released.

"Players will also be able to purchase digital sourcebooks, such as the Player's Handbook or Volo's Guide to Monsters, which will be available for $29.99. Adventure modules will run players $24.99. (Bradford notes that when D&D Beyond launches, the three core game books — the Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual — will be on sale for $19.99.)"

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/18/...f-the-coast-digital-toolset-roleplaying-games

Osgood

Adventurer
Given how much less I've spent on 5E compared to past editions (I'm pretty sure even broke, middle school me spent more on BECMI stuff from the bargain bin at the ghetto Walden's Books!), buying the books again in a new format creates zero angst for me. This is a much better deal than I was thinking. I just hope they haven't gone too low to be sustainable.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases