Warhammer FRPG 2nd Edition Books return to PDF via Cubicle 7

Cubicle 7 Entertainment have just made available the range of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition PDFs through Drivethrurpg and RPGNow. Cubicle 7’s highly anticipated 4th edition of the game is based upon the 1st and 2nd editions so now’s your chance to refresh your memory and fill in the gaps in your collection!

Cubicle 7 Entertainment have just made available the range of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition PDFs through Drivethrurpg and RPGNow. Cubicle 7’s highly anticipated 4th edition of the game is based upon the 1st and 2nd editions so now’s your chance to refresh your memory and fill in the gaps in your collection!

The twenty five titles that have been rereleased in PDF are also part of the site-wide Christmas in July campaign that is currently running across the DriveThruRPG/RPGNow which means they also have up to 25% discount on the prices until 31st July making them even more of a bargain!

The range was originally designed by Green Ronin Publishing and published by Black Industries, a division of Games Workshop.

Henry

Autoexreginated
If it weren't for a lot of last-minute expenses right now (and a commitment to Starfinder) I'd be all over this! I have the core stuff I need in hard copy, but there are a few holes left in my collection when GW dropped 2e.

One of these days, I'll get my Pathfinder group on-board with WFRP; there are a few who keep talking about how magic should be more unpredictable and less formulaic, and how some combats or things like falling damage aren't real-world lethal enough, and I SO WANT to show them the answer to their musings... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

pogre

Legend
In a campaign right now and my players love it. I own it all, but I am happy to see them available again. Hopefully, this will be a launching pad and basis for the fourth edition.

Arilyn

Hero
Excellent! If we could also get the 1st edition books - especially The Enemy Within campaign.....

Loved that campaign. Went through it as a player, and had a blast. Still consider it one of the best published adventures I've seen. Huge soft spot for Warhammer. Couldn't get into the old DnD rule set back in the day. Warhammer got me hooked on RPGs, and I give a lot of credit to "Enemy Within."

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
I sincerely doubt they'll release 1st edition PDFs, as those have never really existed in an official form, so C7 would have to find some mint copies of the original publications by GW or Hogshead Publishing and physically scan them. I doubt they have the resource and the manpower to do them in a convenient way (and we also don't know if their license would allow that).

And, Henry: it's GW (Games Workshop, the U.K. company), not GDW (Game Designers' Workshop, the USA company famous for Traveller)!

I sincerely doubt they'll release 1st edition PDFs, as those have never really existed in an official form, so C7 would have to find some mint copies of the original publications by GW or Hogshead Publishing and physically scan them. I doubt they have the resource and the manpower to do them in a convenient way (and we also don't know if their license would allow that).
Their licence would allow them to do that (why wouldn't it?), and those files would not be hard to come by. Moreover, the Enemy Within ought to be available. It's a classic.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
Their licence would allow them to do that (why wouldn't it?), and those files would not be hard to come by. Moreover, the Enemy Within ought to be available. It's a classic.

Whatever the licence does actually allow, we can only guess. Having the right to distribute 2nd edition materials doesn't automatically mean having the right to do the same with 1st edition ones too. GW is heavily jealous and overtly protective of its IP, so I'm not that sure C7 has any right to books whose fluff is divergent in a lot of ways from the canon of the Warhammer World post-WHFB 4th edition.

Moreover, releasing PDFs obtained through some able Google-fu could be not necessarily in appliance to a signed contract!

Let's see what happens, just hoping GW doesn't play its usual trick with the game/license (I'm quite confident in C7 knowing full well how to approach licensed material and its contracts, as those are the bread-and-butter of the company!).

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads