White Wolf Announce Storytellers Vault Content Creators Program

White Wolf have announced the creation of the Storytellers Vault program to allow fans to create, share and sell new content based on their World of Darkness games. The program is being launched at Gen Con, where White Wolf will be sharing a booth with licensee Onyx Path Publishing (Booth 501).

For more than two decades, World of Darkness fans have aspired to join the ranks of White Wolf’s content creators, and now they can. The Storytellers Vault is White Wolf’s community content creation program where writers, designers and artists get to share their works with the world. The Storytellers Vault program will offer no less than ten different templates designed to look and feel just like a White Wolf product available on the shelf from past eras. This is the perfect time to pull out your old notes on that unique Bloodline you created or to write up your own chronicle as a By Night. You provide the ideas - we provide the tools.

The Storytellers Vault program will begin with access to create fiction and tabletop supplements for Vampire: The Masquerade (all four existing editions), and will then expand in the future to include historical settings, other game lines and Minds Eye Theatre. In addition to being able to create and share your own Vampire: The Masquerade material, the Storytellers Vault will let you set a price for your product and sell it. You will in turn keep 50% of the revenue from that sale.

While material in the Storytellers Vault is not considered canonical, White Wolf will be keeping a keen eye out for truly exceptional content.

Update from White Wolf's Shane DeFreest "The Storytellers Vault will be almost identical to DM's Guild except we are launching with all 4 editions of VTM and the ability to publish fiction. We will be letting people use our trade dress, where the other programs don’t to the best of my knowledge, so you can make the books look exactly like a real vampire book from a set era. WorldofDarkness.com is a D&D Beyond ish community portal that will start with support for MET and V20. This will give a robust amount of tools for running troupes, chronicles and fan clubs. It’s the Tesla to Grapevine's VW Bug. Gen Con is when the open beta for worldofdarkness.com goes live."

I wondered how long it would be before someone else tried to make a DMsGuild for their game system.

Good on White Wolf for allowing multiple editions of the game to be supported, and allowing creators to match the trade dress (I just hope they require a Vault logo or icon on the cover to differentiate, to avoid confusion).

I wondered how long it would be before someone else tried to make a DMsGuild for their game system.

There are community content programs for Traveller, Cypher System, Cortex Plus, Contagion, 7th Sea 2e, and others already active on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/cc/0/default

Good on White Wolf for allowing multiple editions of the game to be supported, and allowing creators to match the trade dress (I just hope they require a Vault logo or icon on the cover to differentiate, to avoid confusion).

They will have a SV logo for community content authors to use.

-MMM

There are community content programs for Traveller, Cypher System, Cortex Plus, Contagion, 7th Sea 2e, and others already active on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/cc/0/default

Open systems are cool, but that's only half of what makes the DMsGuild interesting. The other Community Content programs are basically the OGL, giving you the ability to use the rules. After all, it's "Cypher System" not "Numenera" or "the Strange".
It's the ability to use the IP that makes the DMsGuild interesting.

Open systems are cool, but that's only half of what makes the DMsGuild interesting. The other Community Content programs are basically the OGL, giving you the ability to use the rules. After all, it's "Cypher System" not "Numenera" or "the Strange".
It's the ability to use the IP that makes the DMsGuild interesting.

What exactly are you arguing here?

Monte Cook Games has opened some of their settings in the Cypher System community content program. Mongoose has opened up the Traveller setting (though not 2300AD) in their community content program. John Wick Presents is specifically letting people create content in the 7th Sea setting in their community content program. The same goes for Atlas Games' Unknown Armies program.

-MMM

Mercule

Adventurer
Very cool. I prefer the nWoD (Requiem, et al), and Mage: the Awakening, in particular, so it's a bit of a bummer that it talks about it being for Vampire: the Masquerade. Since the domain name is WorldOfDarkness and the moniker is "Storytellers Vault", I'm assuming that they're just leading with V:tM and other games will receive support relatively quickly.

PMárk

Explorer
The former NWoD is not "WoD" anymore. It's chronicles of Darkness and it's Onyx Path's thing. As far as i know the ST Vault will be a WoD thing (but not just Vampire).

Very cool. I prefer the nWoD (Requiem, et al), and Mage: the Awakening, in particular, so it's a bit of a bummer that it talks about it being for Vampire: the Masquerade. Since the domain name is WorldOfDarkness and the moniker is "Storytellers Vault", I'm assuming that they're just leading with V:tM and other games will receive support relatively quickly.

You'll probably be heartened that the new edition of Vampire: The Masquerade seems to be liberally borrowing from both it's previous editions and the NWoD/CoD games in terms of it's rules developments in it's playtests.

greylurk

Explorer
You'll probably be heartened that the new edition of Vampire: The Masquerade seems to be liberally borrowing from both it's previous editions and the NWoD/CoD games in terms of it's rules developments in it's playtests.

That wasn't my impression at all from the playtest material that I read. The setting is pretty much whole-hog old school V:tM, and the rules are not the same as either CoD or classic WoD 1e/2e/3e. As a fan of the CoD setting, there's not much in 5e that looks appealing.

Of course, there's a wide enough spread of what qualifies as "Old School V:tM" that people who like Old School V:tM can still be disappointed in how not like the parts of the old game the new stuff is..

greylurk

Explorer

They did announce that it would expand to the other White Wolf games and Minds Eye Theater (Currently published by "By Night Studios" iirc), but no mention of whether the Onyx Path stuff would be coming on board soon.

https://www.facebook.com/whitewolfp...41058250464/10155299303445465/?type=3&theater

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases