Esper Genesis : 5E Sci-Fi Art Sneak Peak and Gen Con Plans...

Esper Genesis is a heroic sci-fi RPG for 5E by Alligator Alley Entertainment that was funded on Kickstarter earlier this year. Inspired by Star Wars, Mass Effect, Phastasy Star and Ghost in the Shell players take on the role of a galactic hero where they forge their destiny within a universe of advanced technologies and hidden mysteries. A limited run of the game will be available at Gen Con and Rich Lescouflair of Alligator Alley has shared some of the games artwork with us (below) and also let us know what the company is planning for Gen Con…

Esper Genesis: Heroic Sci-fi for 5E is coming to Gen Con
On the anniversary of its initial announcement, Alligator Alley Entertainment will be at Gen Con 50 to present Esper Genesis, the science fiction RPG powered by D&D 5E.

Basic Rules Release
A limited printing of the Esper Genesis Basic Rules will be available for sale at the Studio 2 booth in Aisle 1929/2029. This 160 page full color rulebook provides the necessary tools to create and run a 5th Edition sci-fi campaign, including new alien races, character classes, and introductory starship mechanics.

These printed copies are priced at $24.95 and will only be available at Gen Con. A $5 discount will be applied for backers who supported the project on Kickstarter as well as anyone who pre-orders the upcoming core book set.

These early access printed copies are limited to Gen Con only, but will be available as a downloadable PDF sometime after the convention.

Pre-orders
Missed the Kickstarter? Late Pledges and Pre-orders are still being accepted via BackerKit! Exclusive discounts are available on any of the core book bundle packages. Orders can be placed from the game’s official website at espergenesis.com.

Organized Play: The Crucible Corps
Gen Con will also be the official start of the Esper Genesis organized play campaign, the Crucible Corps. The initial adventure, “The Matokai Engine” was previewed at the Origins Game Fair. Those signing up for will receive official Crucible Corps ID numbers to be used at all OP events going forward.

Gen Con Panels
Meet Alligator Alley Entertainment: Meet the trio of industry veterans behind Esper Genesis, Witch Hunter, Curse of the Demon Stone, & Abandale as we share our plans. Players, GMs, designers, writers, illustrators, & editors welcome!

Esper Genesis Alien Design Workshop: Join Esper Genesis 5e RPG's Lead Designer, Rich Lescouflair, for a workshop on alien design! A species from this workshop will appear in the Silrayne Threats Database sourcebook for Esper Genesis.

Banesfinger

Explorer
During the Kickstarter I played the free offering: Esper Genesis, Fall of Eos Keldor. My impressions: the 5e rule set fit seamlessly and it seemed like a great fit. Only the starship battle component seemed a little 'clunky'. Hopefully it has been refined since that initial offering.

Von Ether

Legend
This mod seems promising, and yeah, it meshed with 5e pretty well and the races ranged from "cool" to "pretty cool," so clunkers in there. So that's a promising start for me.

And I liked the spin on starship dogfights. Definitely more Star Wars than Bab 5.

Emirikol_Prime

Explorer
I'm glad they're supporting this release with Gen Con goodness. After Starfinder turned out to still be using a close version Pathfinder ruleset, I'd love to see a successful Scifi game based on 5E.

fjw70

Adventurer
I have led the EG Kickstarter and have been very happy with it so far. However, I haven't looked at it much. For my kids group I am thing of using it for our next campaign (just started a regular D&D game and half of them are beginners).

Sadly, the dead tree version only available at gencon is a deal breaker. That only means nobody will ever see it. Looks like starfinder is still my goto. Pity. Nice art.

Skydawn

Galactic Artificer
Sadly, the dead tree version only available at gencon is a deal breaker. That only means nobody will ever see it. Looks like starfinder is still my goto. Pity. Nice art.

The limited availability is only for the printed Basic Rules at Gen Con. The actual game is still being developed and is going to be released in December as three hardcover books - similar to the 5th Edition D&D books.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases