WotC Names 10 "Adepts" On Their DMs Guild Store

WotC's Dungeon Masters Guild store launched 18-months ago, and was a vehicle for D&D fans to produce material and sell it to other fans in one convenient online mega-store; WotC's version of the App Store, essentially. WotC's Chris Lindsay comments that the store now has thousands of new publishers on the store - something which is both bug and feature. One of the problems with such a large body of content is that it can be tough to find the really good stuff, and WotC has tried to address this is in past with columns highlighting certain products (and, indeed, there are websites which do that very well too, including the ENnie-nominated Loot the Room which posts a monthly Best of the DM's Guild column).

guild_adept.png

WotC has just launched a new initiative. They have picked ten DMs Guild creators, who they are calling "Adepts", and will be highlighting them in their podcasts and other media going forward, as well as giving them early copies of adventures like the upcoming Tomb of Annihilation so that they can produce content to go with that product on launch day. They even get a special gold badge so you can spot them on the store!

So who are WotC's first Adepts? They are:

I did a quick search at DMs Guild and linked to those authors I could find, though I failed my search-fu on three of them. But you can check out the ones which did work.

From what WotC is saying, it looks like this group will change periodically -- "It won’t always be the same group, and the group won’t always be the same number of folks, but it will be fun and exciting to see what wonders they create." There's more information in WotC's announcement.

One of the important take-aways for most is that there will be third-party content for new adventures on launch day.
SaveSave

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
Satine makes sense given she picked up for Matt Mercer in the DM tips, her Maze Arcana show, and the general work she's done in LA scene. I'm unfamiliar with the rest, but it appears that many of them are worked on Adventure League stuff. That makes sense.

Satine makes sense given she picked up for Matt Mercer in the DM tips, her Maze Arcana show, and the general work she's done in LA scene. I'm unfamiliar with the rest, but it appears that many of them are worked on Adventure League stuff. That makes sense.
Except all it does it take people who are already known and have something of an "IN" and give them a higher profile rather than actually finding and raising up new talent.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
While I don't disagree with you, it makes sense that the pilot group would consist of known qualities.

Remember, one of the stated qualifications they are looking for is that you sell well on the DM guild.

Belltent

First Post
Remember, one of the stated qualifications they are looking for is that you sell well on the DM guild.

Actually the qualification is sell well for money. WotC makes no dollars off of things that go for free. This is just a plug to convince authors to charge for their content.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
"Day One DLC" is a phrase that should never be associated with hype. Are they that out of touch???

The multiple exclamation marks and jocular tone may be a clue as to the fact that Chris Lindsay was making an funney.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases