Ulisses North America Announce New Warhammer 40,000 RPG ‘Wrath & Glory'

Ulisses North America have announced the acquisition of the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay license from Games Workshop along with their first product line, Wrath & Glory. Leading the development of the line is Ross Watson. Ross is no stranger to the grim darkness of the 41st millennium having previously worked as Lead Developer on FFG’s Rogue Trader and Deathwatch lines, as well as numerous other contributions across the 40k RPG lines.

WrathGlory_Logo_V2_hard-1-1024x442.png

Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay: Wrath & Glory is a roleplaying game set in the universe of Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40,000. The setting is a dark, Gothic future where the galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset by horrific threats and endless war. In Wrath& Glory, players join to tell stories of mystery, action, and terror amongst the bloodstained stars. You may take on the roles of characters fighting against the tide of corruption sweeping the galaxy, struggling to keep alive a glimmer of hope as others revel in the consuming flames.

Wrath & Glory launches in 2018 with the Wrath & Glory Core Rulebook. Inside are rules for character creation, task resolution, combat, and other activities our character may employ as they explore the grim darkness of the far future. In Wrath & Glory, your characters glimpse the grime on the cherub’s wings, the hint of regret in the Radical’s eyes, and confront their own worst fears in the Harlequin’s mask.

Ulisses North America have launched a teaser website that includes a FAQ.

Ulisses North America will be at Gen Con next week and Ross Watson will be discussing further details about the game and the products that are in development at a seminar. The seminar will be recorded and made available online later for those who can not attend.

The previous incarnations of the Warhammer 40,000 RPG products (Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, etc) will be appearing again shortly on DriveThruRPG through Ulisses North America.

You can read the official press release here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Superchunk77

Adventurer
Just wondering if this is a completely new system or if it's compatible with all of the other books done so far. If it's brand new, why bother?

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
http://www.ulisses-us.com/in-development-wrath-glory-for-warhammer-40000-roleplay/

Looks like they'll be developing a new system, using a D6 dice pool. I find this particularly compelling, because the writers seem to indicate that it will be very inclusive towards all Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Warhammer 40k archetypes that were previously presented by Fantasy Flight Games.

Ross Watson, who also wrote Rogue Trader and Deathwatch, is helming the project for the US division of Ulisses Spiele.

I am very excited at the prospect to play a Harlequin or other Xeno species, next to an Imperium inquisitor. I think this is where FFG got it wrong by having systems share the same backbone but incompatible with one another.

edit - they updated their FAQ with more info: http://www.ulisses-us.com/wrath-glory-faq/

Agreed. While it gave a more focused narrative, it cut off a lot of possibilities.

I am very excited at the prospect to play a Harlequin or other Xeno species, next to an Imperium inquisitor. I think this is where FFG got it wrong by having systems share the same backbone but incompatible with one another.

It's good to see the 40K universe getting another game, and the new system and open party play (rather than the tightly themed party of characters from the previous games) might work out well.

For me, though I've always been more enamoured by the older Warhammer fantasy RPG, so the work by Cubicle 7 will remain my main interest.

schoon

Explorer
I worked with Ross in the old Black Industry days, and I can confidently say that the line is in good hands, regardless of system.

On the other hand, a more cinematic d6 dice pool system sounds better to me than the FFG system, which could get bogged down if you weren't careful.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases