Eddy Webb’s Pugmire Core Rulebook Released by Onyx Path Publishing

The Core Rulebook for Eddy Webb’s Pugmire RPG has had its digital release on DriveThruRPG. The game, which did incredibly well on Kickstarter in March 2016, is set in a post-human world where uplifted dogs have created the kingdom of Pugmire. Think Lord of the Rings meets Planet of the Apes… but with dogs. Not to be outdone our feline friends also did very well on Kickstarter in Monarchies of Mau which funded in June of this year.

Be a good dog. Protect your home. Be loyal to those who are true. These are the words of the Code of Man.” — Sister Picassa Collie, Shepherd of the Church of Man

Dogs have inherited the world, building the kingdom of Pugmire untold centuries after the Ages of Man are over. These dogs have been uplifted to use tools and language, and they seek to rediscover the ruins of the Old Ones. Some have learned to use the leftover technology of humanity, but they believe it to be magic handed to them by their lost gods. Others seek to create an ideal civilization, using a Code of Man compiled from ancient, fragmentary lore left behind by humanity. The world is dangerous and mysterious, but good dogs will persevere.

Some highlights of Pugmire include:

• An evocative and mysterious setting that’s both family friendly and deep enough to create compelling stories.
  • A traditional fantasy rules system redesigned for streamlined play and easy creation of heroic dogs, with an emphasis on cooperation and action over competition and violence.
  • A variety of callings and breeds that give access to several fun and interesting tricks.
  • Rival species to interact with, like cats and badgers, along with terrifying and dangerous monsters that roam the landscape.

Will you be a good dog?

Please note: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item the author of this post will receive an affiliate commission.

Feeroper

Explorer
Played this at Gen Con - was one of the best games of the show for me - so good! Very evocative of something like Watership Down in tone.

TheBanjoNerd

Gelatinous Dungeon Master
I was a backer for the Kickstarter (my first, and thus far only Kickstarter) and I have to say, the game is really great. It's a breath of fresh air for the current RPG market. The game plays like a D&D 5e hack, but this isn't a bad thing. If anything it will prevent people from passing it over because of a learning curve- if they already play D&D, that is.

Zarithar

Adventurer
I was a KS backer, and I am extremely happy with the end result. I love the setting, lore, and overall feel of the game. Looking forward to DM'ing it.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases