Wyrms Footnotes Returns!

Originally running between 1976 to 1983 Wyrm’s Footnotes was Chaosium’s house magazine for the World of Glorantha. After reappearing as a special Issue #15 in 2012 from Moon Design Publications, the magazine is making a complete comeback. Later this year we’ll be seeing Issue #16, heralding a relaunch of the publication.

Originally running between 1976 to 1983 Wyrm’s Footnotes was Chaosium’s house magazine for the World of Glorantha. After reappearing as a special Issue #15 in 2012 from Moon Design Publications, the magazine is making a complete comeback. Later this year we’ll be seeing Issue #16, heralding a relaunch of the publication.

“Our goal is for Wyrms Footnotes to be a place where we can regularly publish articles, maps, short scenarios, background, fiction and more, exploring Greg Stafford’s World of Glorantha”, said Chaosium vice president Michael O’Brien. Loved by its fans for more than 50 years, Gorantha is the mythic setting of the role-playing games RuneQuest and HeroQuest, board games like White Bear and Red Moon, novels like King of Sartar, the webcomic Prince of Sartar, and computer games including King of Dragon Pass.

Each issue of Wyrms Footnotes is overseen by a special Guest Editor. Guest editors may or may not be Chaosium staffers, but all share a deep and abiding love and passion for Glorantha. The guest editor for Issue #16 is Ian Cooper, Chaosium’s line editor for the HeroQuest RPG and author of recent Gloranthan releases The Coming Storm and The Eleven Lights.

Issue #17 will be overseen by long-standing Glorantha contributor and creator David Scott, who is currently helping lead a 32-week “Group Read” of the monumental Guide to Glorantha on the Chaosium forums at BRP Central.

Award-winning RPG designer, author and passionate Gloranthan Sarah Newton is a guest editor on Issue #18.

Wyrms Footnotes will appear bi-annually, at least initially”, O’Brien said. “We’re happy to consider anything Gloranthan that is well-written, playable and consistent – each issue will contain a potpourri of subjects relating to Glorantha and the Hero Wars.”

Submissions for Wyrms Footnotes are open now.

Elf_flambe

Explorer
I assume they mean it will appear "semi-annually" (twice a year) instead of "bi-annually" (once every 2 years). But it does sound interesting.

This brings back memories! I owned several Wyrms Footnotes back in my formative rpg years, including a couple of those pictured, and totally loved Runequest. The Oliver Dickinson Griselda stories in White Dwarf were the business.

It makes me happy that RQ, and Glorantha, are still going strong.

Remove ads

Remove ads