Sean's Picks of the Week (0905-0908) - Stuff & Things Week!

It's been a helluva week all over the world, with some notable events over here in the northern part of the Western Hemisphere. As I type this, the southern part of Mexico got hit with an 8.1 magnitude earthquake. Texas and Louisiana are still cleaning up and rebuilding from Harvey while the most terrifying storm to ever come out of the Atlantic bears down on Florida and the South (having already chewed up and spit out some Caribbean islands). I keep expecting to see John Cusack go screaming past in a beat-up RV. Look for what I've done so far to try and help folks in the epilogue section below. Meanwhile, it was Stuff & Things Week for the Picks, with some books dedicated to tools and gear for your characters to handle anything.

LOST ARTIFACTS OF GREYGHAST

Took Labor Day off for “Grill & Games” at our FLGS, which was a huge success. Today, in honor of the tremendous success of Lost Artifacts of Greyghast – a 5e Magic Item Compendium, I am launching Stuff & Things Week! A (short) week of gaming products that celebrate the things characters need or want to do the things and stuff they do!

Lost Artifacts of Greyghast is a magic item compendium for 5th Edition fantasy role-playing. This enormous tome is full of hundreds of unique and deeply storied magical artifacts–each with special backstories, “ready for your campaign” origins, special attunements that drive sidequests and gameplay activities, and fun mechanics that won’t break your game or bore your players.

This book will be a cornerstone of any DM’s table, a real go-to reference for the right magical treasure for your game.

Inside you’ll find variant rules to make magic item identification smoother and more rewarding for “knowledgeable” and “smart” characters, dozens of tables and indices so you can look through the whole catalogue in different ways (alphabetically, by type, by recommended class, by complexity, etc.), and gorgeous custom illustrations from some of the most talented fantasy artists on the scene today.

GRAVITY AGE: CYBERNETICS EMPORIUM

More Stuff & Things Week with a book that brings extensive cybernetics into your brand-new Starfinder campaign. This looks to be the first offering from Stroh Hammer and their Gravity Age line for this runaway hit for Paizo.

Science fiction will become science fact in the future and self-improvement through cybernetic augmentation will become commonplace. Compatible with The Starfinder Roleplaying Game!

This accessory contains new material covering:

• 2 New Archetypes
  • 200+ Cybernetic Augmentations
  • 7 C.O.R.E. Avatars
  • 4 Malware Cybernetics
  • 8 New Feats

SHADOWRUN: RUN & GUN

Few games depend on Stuff & Things more than Shadowrun. You want access to all the guns, all the gear, all the tech… and this book is all about all of that.

Nothing Is Free

Guns and ammo cost nuyen. Mastering martial arts takes time. And learning how to use explosives without blowing yourself up takes patience and a steady hand. These weapons and more are out there, waiting for you. You have the chance to use them to become deadlier, faster, more dangerous than the next guy—and more dangerous than you were yesterday. You’ll have to pay the price to get what you want, but this is the Sixth World. Don’t you always?

Run & Gun is a combat core rulebook for Shadowrun, Fifth Edition, containing more weapons, more armor, more modifications, and more game options such as martial arts and unit tactics. Break the book open and prepare to raise your game!

MECHA - A FIELD GUIDE

So, yeah, two Picks for my Stuff & Things Week are for Starfinder, but it’s the new hotness, so hard not to go to that well at least twice. Especially since I was planning a vehicles-oriented Pick today, and this is the one that popped right up. It’s mecha for everyone playing OGL, especially Pathfinder/Starfinder.

Don’t look for in-depth construction rules here, though – these are grab-and-go mechs and other stuff for your game.

“I am the biggest gun!”

Climb into the Praetor or Vindicator Class Kaiju-Hunter mecha and take the battle to the stars.

Mecha—A Field Guide introduces two new mecha along with all the rules for operating, customising, and combat with these iron giants, all fully compatible with the Starfinder Roleplaying Game. Three powered armor suits, new weapons, and armor upgrades expand your ironclad arsenal.

Contents

Suit Up!

• Mecha Types
  • Using Powered Armor
  • Using Mecha
  • Powered Armor and Mecha Descriptions
  • Mecha Crew Roles
  • Mecha Wielding Weapons
  • Scaling Combat
  • Mecha Space Battles

Datafiles

• HALO Infiltrator
  • Mage Frame
  • Spellbind Armor
  • Praetor
  • Vindicator Class Kaiju-Hunter

Equipment

• Mecha Weapons
  • Mecha Equipment
  • Armor Upgrades

-----

Here in Colorado, we gaze up at the haze across our normally crystal blue sky and we know it's the ash from so many fires consuming so much of the lands west of us. We also know we are currently incredibly fortunate as so many millions are suffering world-wide under disaster and war.

Here's something I participated in to try and help a few folks...

Evil Beagle Games is proud to be one of the many publishers who contributed 65 products worth about $400 to this special charity relief bundle to help those recovering from Hurricane Harvey. The bundle price is only $25!

The list of other publishers includes Third Eye Games, Misfit Studios, Green Ronin, Fainting Goat Games, Kalos Comics, Rogue Genius Games, Make Believe Games, Ad Infinitum Adventures, Lakeside Games, Hydra Cooperative, and Battlefield Press.

Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund Charity Bundle

Hurricane Harvey, the most powerful hurricane to hit the continental US in a decade, has devastated the Texas Gulf Coast.

In Houston alone, it has dropped over 2 feet of rain (and counting). FEMA estimates that 30,000 people may need shelter.

This bundle will help provide relief to this impacted by the storm. Proceeds will be split between the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund and the Coastal Bend Disaster Recovery Group Fund (which provides support to the smaller cities and towns also hit by Harvey.)

The Adventure Continues!

Note that I use affiliate links in all my posts as a way to generate additional revenue for my efforts; I make my Picks and other article choices, however, based on the desire to share a wide variety of things with you. Thank you for your support.

Sean Patrick Fannon
Writer & Game Designer: Shaintar, Star Wars, Savage Rifts, much more
Please check out my Patreon and get involved directly with my next projects!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases