Modiphius release These Are The Voyages Volume 1 for Star Trek Adventures

Ahead of its print release date of October Modiphius Entertainment have released the first anthology of Star Trek Adventures missions in PDF. These Are The Voyages Volume 1 presents eight ready to play missions for the recently released 2d20 System powered game.

221660.jpg
View attachment 88531

These are the Voyages: Volume 1 presents eight ready-to-play missions for Star Trek Adventures. Within this book Gamemasters will find the means to test their Starfleet officers at the front line of Starfleet operations. Create your own Star Trek stories of discovery and adventure on the Final Frontier. This is a 128 page full colour hardback book in print & PDF

• 8 ready to play missions using the 2d20 game system from Modiphius Entertainment adapted for Star Trek Adventures, and requires the Star Trek Adventures core rulebook to play.
• Uncover the truth about an anomalous wormhole that has trapped an older starship vessel.
• Weigh up the dilemma of the Prime Directive with an intelligent species that originates outside the confines of normal space and time, subjugated by another civilization.
• Rescue a Federation science vessel, drifting dangerously inside the Romulan Neutral Zone, avoiding an escalation into war.
• Investigate strange events on Carina VII, where a colony is rapidly disintegrating around its foundations.
• Explore a strange alien space station, containing a massive forest eco-system of its own.
• Foil plans to spread a long dead plague and uncover the truths of its origin.
• Stop the theft of an experimental torpedo and pursue its thieves to expose their plot.
• Respond to a distress signal from a mining colony in revolt and discover new life in its mines.

Please note: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item the author of this post will receive an affiliate commission.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reading through. Going to be chugging through it for a whole.

Some fun adventures here, but I'm a little disappointed they didn't try and slip in some new content into this book.
There's some generic plant monsters and robots, and some insect critters. There are Orion Commandos and an Orion ship, but no new talents for the former. And a new "experimental" mission profile and talent. But not much else.

They had the perfect opportunity to slip in stats for the NX-class ship. Some alternate Romulan ships. Maybe a different race like the Tholian or Gorn.

Not to keep slamming Modiphius, who have done a great job making a game that looks fun and some great looking books. But they're *really* spreading out the content and pushing you to buy as many books as possible...

Staffan

Legend

Some fun adventures here, but I'm a little disappointed they didn't try and slip in some new content into this book.

I, for one, would see that as a plus - particularly for PC-relevant content. I'd rather not hunt through half a dozen books for that particular spell, item, or class ability (to use a D&D paradigm) I'm looking for. That's one of the things that killed 3e for me - my game was using stuff from literally dozens of books, and at that point it has gotten out of hand.

I, for one, would see that as a plus - particularly for PC-relevant content. I'd rather not hunt through half a dozen books for that particular spell, item, or class ability (to use a D&D paradigm) I'm looking for. That's one of the things that killed 3e for me - my game was using stuff from literally dozens of books, and at that point it has gotten out of hand.
It doesn't have to be exclusive though.
They could preview that content here, in the other 2017 release. And thus allow some people to use that content in their home games, rather than early in 2018 when the command book releases with other ships. Or the Beta quadrant book releases with those races.
Something so people wanting to make the Orion Syndicate a part of their game. Or run an Enterprise era game with an NX-class vessel.

There's some generic plant monsters and robots, and some insect critters. There are Orion Commandos and an Orion ship, but no new talents for the former. And a new "experimental" mission profile and talent. But not much else.

They had the perfect opportunity to slip in stats for the NX-class ship. Some alternate Romulan ships. Maybe a different race like the Tholian or Gorn.

Not to keep slamming Modiphius, who have done a great job making a game that looks fun and some great looking books. But they're *really* spreading out the content and pushing you to buy as many books as possible...

Actually, I prefer that new content is kept out of adventures (beyond adversary "monsters") as Modiphius has announced tech/era books that will contain new ships. And I think a race book is coming (don't quote me). Printing that data twice makes it seem like the "next" book is not ALL NEW. And if it is only in the adventure book, that will annoy folks who feel "obligated" to by the adventure for that one or two important Trek things that ends up in there.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases