Xanathar's Guide: Sample Life Events Unlocked!

Very cool: wonder if the totally random PC gen from UA will make it into the book?

Very cool: wonder if the totally random PC gen from UA will make it into the book?

pukunui

Legend
WotC's Extra Life charity campaign has hit the $20k mark, so they've unlocked the Sample Life Events preview from Xanathar's Guide. First, you roll on a table for your age, then on some other tables, including Adventures, Crime, Boons, etc. Looks like a fun way to add a bit of random color to your character's backstory.

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 23.17.28.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 23.17.28.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 23.17.28.png
    462.2 KB · Views: 36,564

Took them long enough, they were at 20,000 for a few days.

Ah well, we got the content, and it looks as good as I thought it would be, so I can't complain.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Besides everything else, I love the nod to AD&D 1st ed in the table layout.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Neat, it reminds me of the Lifepath from Cyberpunk/Mekton.

It reminds me of the Heritage tables from L5R. I always enjoyed rolling on those for a little added inspiration for my character that I wouldn't have included otherwise. "My character's married? Hm. I never really considered that. Let's see how to work that into my backstory."

The Old Crow

Explorer
This looks like fun. A lot of fun. Usually I find the process of making new characters to be somewhat tedious, but now I am looking forward to it with these charts. *random gleefulness*

Galendril

Explorer
I think this is great. Hopefully, it will encourage people to play characters rather than stereotypes or bunch of stats on a page.

Remove ads

Remove ads