Join the Wally Squad in the first Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD Tabletop Adventure Game Preview
  • Join the Wally Squad in the first Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD Tabletop Adventure Game Preview

Earlier this year, EN Publishing announced the Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD tabletop adventure game, a roleplaying game powered by the What's OLD is NEW (WOIN) roleplaying game system. We are excited to share the first of a series of small previews of the game, which will be coming to game tables near you this winter.

SaveSave
    Comments 17 Comments
      Fandabidozi -
      I never thought of playing as a purple leotard clad, pink boots and gloves person. But I am now!
      dave2008 -
      Wow this is exciting. I have always been fascinated with the world of Dredd. I'm definitely interested in how this comes together.
      Polyhedral Columbia -
      Cool! looking forward to WOIN's expansion of the 2000 AD Way.
      TrippyHippy -
      Good stuff!
      EthanSental -
      Simon Biseley art too?
      Nilbog -
      Do you need WOIN to play this or is it standalone?
      TrippyHippy -
      It's billed as standalone - all the necessary WOIN rules included.

I quite like WOIN as a solid system, and the Career Path works perfectly for it. Only thing I'm not working out is why there needs to be a seperate score for dice pool and Attributes scores? What does the game actually use the Attributes scores for?
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nilbog View Post
      Do you need WOIN to play this or is it standalone?
      It's a standalone game.
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
      IOnly thing I'm not working out is why there needs to be a seperate score for dice pool and Attributes scores? What does the game actually use the Attributes scores for?
      It's so that each extra die in your dice pool costs more to get than the last one. Think of the attributes as "points" which you've used to purchase dice.
      TrippyHippy -
      Ah, I get it now - so the Dicepool size isn't going up in a linear fashion.
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by EthanSental View Post
      Simon Biseley art too?
      We have access to all of 2000AD's vast archive of art and comic strips.
    1. Reynard -
      This looks great. I hope it lifts WOIN up a little higher in the geekosphere. It's a really neat system, like a marriage between Star Wars d6 and D20 with a few mutations thrown in!
    1. Tonguez -
      Oh please tell me that Tharg the Mighty makes an appearance in this too

ie I take it Mutants and Cyborgs will be core but will this be extending out to playable Droids, Aliens (Nemesis), Undead and Rogue Troopers?
      Morrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tonguez View Post
      Oh please tell me that Tharg the Mighty makes an appearance in this too

ie I take it Mutants and Cyborgs will be core but will this be extending out to playable Droids, Aliens (Nemesis), Undead and Rogue Troopers?
      The core rulebook focuses on Judge Dredd; the others will be setting books for that core game, containing any needed races etc.
      TrippyHippy -
      Well, I'm sold.

As an aside, what format or size of the book will you use? Several games (M&M, MHR and a few others) have modelled the physical product of the game book on the graphic novel format that the source material is based on. It looks neat, but if supplied to comic shops and stored on the same shelves it might also attract in more newbies/dabblers into the game?
      Morrus -
      Itís a regular hardcover format.

Weíll have a preview each week for the next few weeks.
      Dan Longoria -
      I've got every RPG incarnation of Dredd RPGs and so far the Mongoose d20 is still my fav so I'm very excited at a newer one coming out. Hopefully soon.
    Comments Leave Comment