The Actual Table of Contents for Xanathar's Guide to Everything

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
WotC's Extra Life charity fundraiser reached $40,000 a while ago, and the promised preview for that donation level was the table of contents from Xanathar's Guide to Everything. It's been leaked all over the internet since then by D&D Beyond, Reddit, and elsewhere. Tonight, WotC has released to ToC itself. You can see it below.

DMmjxfTUMAAT_Tn.jpg

Thread edited and merged from threads by Leatherhead and Pukunui.
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]

Attachments

• DMmjxfTUMAAT_Tn.jpg
    DMmjxfTUMAAT_Tn.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 88,257
Last edited by a moderator:

gyor

Legend
A lot of good stuff there.

Of course, on the DM side, a lot of stuff is not there, but I like what I see.

Actually, one of the most useful things will be the appendix of sample names.

You can look up names from real cultures online for free, so I can see sample names from none humans being useful, but the names from real world culture feels like filler and I don't like that, I would preferred that space going to maybe more none racial feats.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
This is shaping up to be a very lackluster release. And that low of a page-count makes the $50 price-tag unjustifiable. I'm going to file this one alongside the SCAG as another unfortunate blemish on 5E.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Looks great! Lots of interesting stuff there in the DM toolbox.

It's true that you can look-up/make-up names on your own, but I know a LOT of players that are terrible at it, and this will really help them. Personally, I'm great at making names, but then it's not all about me, is it?

After all those subclass videos on D&D Beyond, I'm surprised there's so many subclasses that I didn't realize were going to be in there. Looks like some interesting ones.

I wonder if the ranger will include some of the revisions?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Woo hoo. I am excited. Pages 77-84 will be the first things I read.

I agree that there is a fair bit of filler -- the appendix on names and the repeats from SCAG seem particularly egregious to me.

pukunui

Legend
I wonder if the ranger will include some of the revisions?
It won't. They are still working on it. See here for more: The Future of the Ranger.

Woo hoo. I am excited. Pages 77-84 will be the first things I read.
Same. I am more looking forward to the DM content than the player content. Hopefully they will post some previews soon. (They are coming.)

I agree that there is a fair bit of filler -- the appendix on names and the repeats from SCAG seem particularly egregious to me.
Those are apparently there for the AL folks, with their PHB +1 limits.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases