Xanathar's Guide Shows Up In The Wild!

Xanathar's Guide to Everything comes out this week (November 10th) for some stores (and a couple of weeks later, on November 21st, elsewhere - check with your local game store!) The book has been showing up in the wild - several bloggers and live streamers have received copies and are posting initial thoughts and reviews, and it has shown up at GameHole Con. Photos courtesy of Dave Rosser.

xg5.jpg
xg4.jpg
xg3.jpg
xg2.jpg
xg1.jpg

You can also pre-order it at Fantasy Grounds for it's November 10th release. They've posted some awesome previews/screenshots. Here's one, but click through for the rest! Also, FG is offering a free copy to a lucky winner in this giveaway.

XanatharFour.jpg

Mike Adkins on Twitter has his copy, signed by some of WotC's employees.

As has the similarly named Michael Atkins!

It looks like Melvin Smif has the first review up. He says that "this is the first book I would claim as a “must have” for everyone who enjoys playing Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition".

And NewbieDM on Twitter has a review copy and his sharing his general thoughts, although not answering specific questions about the contents.

Purple Pawn has a couple of copies and is giving one away for free. Leave a comment on his blog post, and you might get picked at random.

Nick Hatfield

First Post
Did Elven Accuracy make it into the racial feats? Is it changed from the UA?

Also, is Shadow Sorcerer changed at level 1? The Darkness for 1 sorcerer point and being able to see through it, and the Strength of the Grave feature.

Thanks!

gyor

Legend
Can you please tell us about the changes to Divine Soul and what advantages there are to the Temple of the Gods spell?

Jacob Johnson1

First Post
I really wanna know if the bard subclasses are the same from UA or were there changes? I start a campaign today and I really wanted to play a different subclass :(

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I bought the special cover Volo but I'm liking the normal cover of Xanathar.

also, WoTC sent both copies to Melvin for review and that word press article is all of a review it takes to get free copies or should we be getting a more in depth review...seems a low bar for a review in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

pukunui

Legend
also, WoTC sent both copies to Melvin for review and that word press article is all of a review it takes to get free copies or should we be getting a more in depth review...seems a low bar for a review in my opinion.
Yeah, I'm not sure how that qualifies as a review, but I guess they sent him some copies because his blog reaches lots of gamers so he can give them some free advertising? He also probably got told not to provide any details just yet, since it's still not officially out. Maybe he'll do a more in-depth review later.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases