WotC Is Hiring A New D&D Game Designer

Want a job designing Dungeons & Dragons products for WotC? They're hiring! A new job opportunity has been posted on Hasbro's jobs website. "This position creates D&D products, such as a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons. It is responsible for leading one product at a time, while providing feedback on other products in production. The person in this role is responsible for the final product, and must oversee and coordinate the work of designers, writers, and editors to combine individual contributions into a cohesive whole. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the product is consistent with D&D game mechanics and that new game material is properly playtested."

wotclogo.gif

The job is based near Seattle, at WotC's main offices. Click here to check it out.

It's interesting that the task of "a book updating a setting to 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons" is specifically called out in the introduction.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm surprised they just didn't give it to someone known and trusted in the industry. It is a small industry and that job requires experience.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm surprised they just didn't give it to someone known and trusted in the industry. It is a small industry and that job requires experience.

Well, they need to advertise it before somebody known and trusted in the industry can apply for it. I don't think they headhunt. :)

Patrick McGill

First Post
Hopefully this means an expansion of the design team based on the success of this edition rather than someone having put in a two week notice.

Acr0ssTh3P0nd

First Post
Ooof. All these positions seem to pop up just a bit too early for me. I'd love to work for WotC and I genuinely think I've got the project-based attitude and team-based development experience, but I just got out of uni and into the games industry proper, so I feel like I need another 2-3 years under my belt, at the very least, before I have a shot to get anywhere other than the bottom of the slush pile. Oh, well. Time to work harder!

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Optimistic: Hmm, reversing the trend of the Xmas layoffs? Growing the team is a good thing.
Cynical: Want to get someone in and up to speed because they are planning on letting go a known problem but would rather have proper hand-off.
Neutral-ish: Someone is leaving and they want to replace them.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases