[POLL] Which Xanathar's Guide Cover Do You Prefer?

I think it's awesome. It really pops out at you. IMHO it's better than JACP (Just Another Cover Pic).

I think it's awesome. It really pops out at you. IMHO it's better than JACP (Just Another Cover Pic).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Xanathar's Guide to Everything releases this week to selected stores. There are two covers - that "standard" cover and the "special edition" cover. Which of the two covers do you prefer? Vote right here!

xanathar.png

Left standard; right special edition

Attachments

• xanathar.png
    xanathar.png
    418.6 KB · Views: 27,323
Last edited by a moderator:

Sacrosanct

Legend
Clearly it's an indicator that WoTC is getting lazy, and not listening to its gamer base. Anyone who thinks the cover is good is just an apologist for bad work.

that's sarcasm, btw, in case it wasn't obvious

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Same - standard cover for me. the special cover doesn't and was disappointed when I saw it after picking up the Volo special edition. unless a potential buyer has seen it advertised previously, a first time person looking at both covers on the shelf at a store wouldn't have a clue what the special cover is trying to convey in my opinion...just not beholder'ie to discern the graphics.

looked at it again...look like eyes and not eye stalks...and again a first time would wonder why 8 eye balls are staying at a gold fish.

the Volo special cover - a person can easily tell it's a mindflayer, Xanathar - not so much if at all.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I like the standard cover best.

This should totally have been a poll!

[Edit- added one!]

Remove ads

Remove ads