Marathon, Broadway, and Catacomb: Upcoming D&D Products?

WotC has been using codenames for its upcoming products for some time, mainly to stop anybody figuring our what's in the pipeline. Those codenames end up as placeholders on bookstores and the like. Eagle-eyed reader Sean spotted some upcoming items on McNally Robinson, a Canadian bookstore's website.

DD_Transparent.png

The items spotted were a 192-page hardcover accessory codenamed "Marathon" (May 2018); a 256-page hardcover adventure codenamed "Broadway" (September 2018), and another 256-page hardcover adventure codenamed "Catacomb" (November 2018). There's also a set of "Broadway" dice.

Past codenames have included "Labyrinth", which turned out to be Tomb of Annihilation, and "Dust", "Midway", "Cloak", and "Dagger".

Let the speculation begin!

D&D "Marathon" HC
By Rpg Team Wizards
ISBN: 9780786966240
format: Hardcover
series: D&D Accessory
pages: 192
publisher: Wizards of the Coast
pub. date: 2018-05-29

D&D "Broadway" Dice
By Rpg Team Wizards
ISBN: 9780786966288
format: Game
series: D&D Accessory
pages: n/a
pub. date: 2018-09-18

D&D "Broadway" HC
By Rpg Team Wizards
ISBN: 9780786966257
series: D&D Adventure
pages: 256
pub. date: 2018-09-18

D&D "Catacomb" HC
By Rpg Team Wizards
ISBN: 9780786966264
series: D&D Adventure
pages: 256
pub. date: 2018-11-20
[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

GarrettKP

Explorer
Marathon is the first Adventure of the year (Modron March?), Broadway is the big Adventure in the fall, and Catacomb seems to be the "Player Supplement" book.

Edit: Marathon seems to be a supplement and Catacomb an Adventure. But the release dates are backwards?

Last edited by a moderator:

pukunui

Legend
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]: "Dust" was Tomb of Annihilation. I think "Labyrinth" must have been Tales from the Yawning Portal.

Midway = Xanathar's
Cloak = Curse of Strahd
Dagger = Storm King's Thunder

clavejones

First Post
My Guesses:

Marathon = Planar Supplement
Catacomb = Undermountain Adventure
Broadway = Lantan Sea Adventure

I like where your head is on a sea adventure. I was thinking Moonshae Isles though. Undermountain hadn't occurred to me as I didn't recall many breadcrumbs for it in previous products. Regardless, I like your thinking!

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases