Here's A Look At The Cover Of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying 4th Edition!

Cubicle 7 has confirmed that Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition's release date is "mid-2018", with a specific date to be nailed down later. They've also shared the covers of both the Starter Set and the Core Rules!

WFRP Corerules Cover 1200.jpg

Many will be aware that the game was originally slated for a late 2017 release. Cubicle 7's Dominic McDowall talks about the delayed launch date:

“The initial plan was to make some small updates to the awesome second edition, and that would mean we would be able to release the game in 2017. We’re all huge fans of the first and second editions of WFRP, and we wanted to take the game back to those roots.

“When I got into the guts of the game I started seeing more opportunities to add in some of the things we’ve learned over the years. This more creative direction meant a longer development phase. Games Workshop are extremely supportive of us taking the time we need to make WFRP Fourth Edition the very best game it can be, and so that’s what we did. I’m very excited about the way things have come together!

“The release date of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition will be set for mid-2018, with a specific date to be set in a few months. Thank you for your patience while we invest the time to make the best game we can.”

WFRP STARTER Cover 1200.jpg

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
So excited to see this coming out! I just hope they honor the insidious, less-in-your-face chaos/corruption from WFRP 1e's adventures, and not the 'chaos everywhere, this is dark and dangerous D&D' of WFRP 2e.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Comparing the cover art of WFRP 1e, WFRP 4e and Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG!

I love the nod to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1e from Ralph Horsley, the cover artist for Cubicle 7’s new Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e! It even looks a bit inspired from our own Kickstarter cover by Dejan Mandic from the Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG. Check out my comparisons:

https://grimandperilous.com/compari...-1e-wfrp-4e-and-zweihander-grim-perilous-rpg/

WFRP 1e characters superimposed over WFRP 4e:
View attachment 91594

Original WFRP 1e cover:
View attachment 91595

WFRP 4e cover:
WFRP-Corerules-Cover-1200.jpg

Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG Kickstarter front+back cover:
View attachment 91597

Attachments

• WFRP-Corerules-Cover-1200.jpg
    WFRP-Corerules-Cover-1200.jpg
    783.6 KB · Views: 8,313
Last edited by a moderator:

Plageman

Explorer
I wonder when they'll share more about the "content" of both products. I'm very curious about the starter set because I always thought that the 1st edition of WFRP was such a great all-in-one resource.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
Hey, Morrus!
I really think you missed the part where they're teasing tomorrow's news about the return of "The Enemy Within" campaign...

Citing verbatim: "We’ll have more to share tomorrow, including news of the return of a multi-part campaign favourite from first edition, so keep an eye on our website and social media!".

Last edited by a moderator:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hey, Morrus!
I really think you missed the part where they're teasing tomorrow's news about the return of "The Enemy Within" campaign...

Citing verbatim: "We’ll have more to share tomorrow, including news of the return of a multi-part campaign favourite from first edition, so keep an eye on our website and social media!".

I'll cover that tomorrow when it happens. I don't usually cover announcements of announcements... that way lies madness :)

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases