Taking Nominees for Most Anticipated RPG of 2018
  • Taking Nominees for Most Anticipated RPG of 2018

As we do every year, I'm taking nominees for the big public poll. A game will only be in the big poll if it is nominated here. What's your most anticipated RPG of 2018? Rules - as always - it must be a standalone RPG. NOT a supplement, adventure, sourcebook, expansion, or accessory. It must be scheduled for release in 2018. If they were coming out in 2018, Dungeons & Dragons would count; Xanathar's Guide would not. Taking nominations for one week. Post your nomination as a reply below.

Last year's winner was Trudvang Chronicles from RiotMinds (pictured above). You can see last year's top 10 here. The previous year it was Rifts for Savage Worlds. And yes, Conan appeared three years running.

# 2013 2015 2016 2017
    1 13th Age Star Wars Force & Destiny Rifts for Savage Worlds Trudvang Chronicles
    2 Numenera Deluxe Exalted 3rd Edition Mutant Crawl Classics Tales from the Loop
    3 Star Wars Edge of the Empire Unified Rolemaster 7th Sea 2nd Edition Kult: Divinity Lost
    4 Shadowrun 5th Edition Conan Adventures In An Age Undreamed Of Conan Adventures In An Age Undreamed Of Star Trek Adventures
    5 Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls DCC Lankhmar Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
    6 Firefly Barbarians of Lemuria: Mythic Edition RuneQuest 4 Starfinder
    7 Fate Core Feng Shui 2 Torg: Eternity Witcher
    8 Hillfolk Fantasy AGE Blue Rose AGE Coriolis
    9 Torchbearer Paranoia Paranoia Delta Green Roleplaying Game
    10 - Shadows of the Demon Lord Delta Green Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2E

SaveSave
    Comments 78 Comments
      lyle.spade -
      For me, perhaps the new Top Secret, which comes via Kickstarter and is shipping a bit late, taking it into 2018. Maybe the new Warhammer RPG for other folks - and what a grand call back to the original cover, too!
      symatt1 -
      I am waiting for just one game now since Burning_games cancelled their
      Dragons conquer America.
      So it's that @Morrus
      Judge Dredd. Worlds of 2000ad.
      BackInAction -
      Quote Originally Posted by lyle.spade View Post
      For me, perhaps the new Top Secret, which comes via Kickstarter and is shipping a bit late, taking it into 2018. Maybe the new Warhammer RPG for other folks - and what a grand call back to the original cover, too!
      Agree. I missed the KS, but this is one I really want for next year (assuming I can find it).
      Ralif Redhammer -
      Top Secret: The New World Order and Warhammer Fantasy 4e as well for me, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by lyle.spade View Post
      doctheweasel -
      This may be an edge case, but Numenera 2 technically fits the bill.
      AngusA -
      Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay from Cubicle 7, The Expanse from Green Ronin, Dark Conspiracy from Uhrwerk Verlag, Torg Eternity (if it doesn't sneak in to this year) Kult: Divinity Lost (again, if it fails to hit this year), Warhammer 40,000: Wrath & Glory, Top Secret: The New World Order. Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD and N.O.W. of course
      lyle.spade -
      Another thought on Warhammer: Cubicle 7 has really impressed me with their AiME for 5e, and I am confident that they'll do good things with WH.

For what that's worth, which isn't really much since it's just conjecture based out of my own subjective thoughts on a different product. Don't mind me while I shut myself down.

On the topic of Top Secret, however, I am excited about it. I still own a copy of the original boxed set and those rules are TERRIBLE. I mean, just dreadfully unplayable. I didn't even consider how bad they were until after I backed NWO and went back to them. Sometimes it amazes me what crap we played back in the ye olden days. Then again, we thought the graphics on Asteroids were awesome, too. Perspective.
      trknight -
      I am looking forward to the new Trinity Continuum from Onxy Path, specifically the Aberrant portion. http://theonyxpath.com/category/worl...nitycontinuum/ Aberrant was my favorite superhero rpg and I am looking forward to an updated edition.
      Swordandboard -
      I'm VERY excited about Invisible Sun. Been waiting for this since Aug/16.
    1. Flexor the Mighty! -
      Warhammer is the only thing I care about in 2018.
      Sandor Nagy -
      Warhammer 4th exition
      Forbidden Lands
      LexOccultum
      Witcher rpg
      ilsundal -
      WFRP4
    1. Toriel -
      Definitely Kult for me.
      Kannik -
      Definitively count me in the camp excited for the Top Secret: NWO. Top Secret was my entry point into the world of RPGs, and a new ver by the original designer has me stoked!
      William Mize -
      1) Prince Valiant, the Storytelling Game - Nice to see this cross the finish line, as it was Stuart Wieck's passion project before his untimely passing.
      2) Delta Green - I've been waiting since 2015. What's another year?
      3) This Defiant Earth - Another Kickstarter I backed; looks like hecka fun. 1950's mad scientists and giant bugs and UFOs!
      TrippyHippy -
      Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition
      Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
      Judge Dredd and 2000AD
      Kult: Divinity Lost
      Aquelarre
      Prince Valiant (although I already have the PDF, released to backers)
      Paladin
      Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary
      RuneQuest: Glorantha

I was going to mention Delta Green, but it's actually already been released as the Agent's Handbook. The new release is the Case Handler's book, which was originally billed as a complete RPG, but is now to be released as a supplement/game masters book to go with the Agent's Handbook. The rules are in the Agent's book, with the setting material in the Case Handler's book.
      Plageman -
      1. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition
      2. Dark Conspiracy 4th Edition
      3. Legend of the Five Rings RPG 5th Edition
      4. Warhammer 40,000: Wrath & Glory
      Greg K -
      Cortex Prime
      Top Secret: NWO
      Warhammer Fantasy RPG 4th (My enthusiasm went down after the recent update about the delay. Plus, I am more interested in first getting a pdf release of 1e given that they had it in the recent humble bundle- to the point that I will not check out 4e if a 1e pdf is not released).
      Maggan -
      Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e.
      JediSoth -
      FLASH! Ah-aaaa!
    Comments Leave Comment