The Enemy Within Coming For WFRP 4!

We all suspected this was coming, but Cubicle 7 has just announced that the classic campaign, The Enemy Within, is coming to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition next year. "To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of The Enemy Within Campaign we’re going to be releasing an updated deluxe, “Directors Cut” edition of The Enemy Within Campaign for Fourth Edition!"
whfrp-hog-adv-shad.jpg
They also noted that they are working on bringing more of WFRP 1E to PDF.The Enemy Within Director's Cut will be run by Graeme Davis. Originally published in the late 1980s, this campaign is one of the all-time classics. It consisted of a series of adventures:
  • The Enemy Within / Mistaken Identity
  • Shadows Over Bögenhafen
  • Death on the Reik
  • Power Behind the Throne
  • Something Rotten in Kislev
  • Empire in Flames

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'm getting ready to run this with 2e using the 1e modules. I'm interested in seeing what they do with this version, I know a lot of people did not like the later installments of the original campaign.

rebbeman

Villager
The excitement for this is contagious, still why is it so great?

Some of it is nostalgia, but mostly it's because THIS is the campaign that defined what WFRP was and how it differed from the DnD dungeon delve that people were used to. For many this was the first time they had role-played in a way that involved more investigation and more psychological role-play and, well more role-playing. This defined WFRP and to be honest has been done by others in other systems (including DnD) a lot since then (and it some cases done better). But this was the first and for many still the best example of a role-playing campaign that went beyond hack n slash and defined a game an an era.

Ghal Maraz

Adventurer
What rebbeman said, more or less.
And, also, Death on the Reik is superb. Easily one of the greatest masterpiece of adventure design and a RPG milestone.

darjr

I crit!
I’ve been thinking of running the big classics of different rpg systems like Masks of Nyarlthotep and this just made the list.

Jay Verkuilen

Grand Master of Artificial Flowers
The excitement for this is contagious, still why is it so great?

For a lot of people, TEW was the big discovery of non-dungeon bashing. There were people who would run it over and over!

I've only used bits and pieces of it when I ran a long WFRP1E campaign in the early 00s, most notably relying on Middenheim as described in Warhammer City and Power Behind the Throne. But I'm just not the kind of person who runs adventures as written so I used it as a setting and pretty much just ignored the adventure, though I did use some of the characters.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases